Oh Now It's On...challenging Myself! Need Some Input Please!

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 19 Dec 2008 , 4:19pm by __Jamie__

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 11:13pm
post #1 of 9

Don't want to post the same pic again, so here's a link to what I'm talking about:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=612606&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Found out a local planner told the bride who wants this cake that "no way could any decorator in our town possibly make a cake this beautiful".

Oh yeah? icon_confused.gif Watch me. I'm going to do this to prove to myself that I can. Then, I will post a beautiful picture of it and make sure that the planner "happens across it" someday.

So, my plan is: all round tiers and fresh flowers. But the embellishments...what do you think they are? Piped onto the cake with BC? Piped off the cake with RI and applied when dry? Molded from fondant or white chocolate? I know the pic doesn't show the detail very well...but any help/hints/suggestions would be much appreciated. And I am willing to purchase any extra supplies to help me achieve this goal! icon_twisted.gif

Thanks in advance guys!

8 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 9

On closer inspection, I do believe those are details piped right onto the cake. Just wish I could tell what they are...some sort of scrolly swirly something-or-others.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 11:43pm
post #3 of 9

Looks to me to be small loops but done in sort of upside down swag fashion? The longer sections end w/a small piped flur de les is my guess.

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 9

It looks almost a little bit vine like... with little hearts... lol... i dunno...good luck!! It's beautiful.. I'm sure you can do it.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 9

But you know what?? Anything you pipe would be nice. It doesn't have to look exactly the same. Knock out your *BEST!* work and it will be greaticon_smile.gif

scrapperjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapperjade Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:41pm
post #6 of 9

It looks like fancy scrollwork / draping vines to me! Its absolutely gorgeous! So did you take the bride? Is this a cake you are doing for commission, or are you just challenging yourself for fun? Sorry if it should be clear... I haven't had my coffee yet this morning, lol!!!

__Jamie__ Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:10pm
post #7 of 9

I was originally asked my opinion on it, just the shape of the pans used, whether they were gumpaste flowers, etc., etc. But when I heard the planner for the bride told the bride that "no way can anyone in THIS town make something that beautiful"....I sat up and thought "Oh I can!", took that as a personal challenge! So I'm gonna do it just for fun. Hee hee! Cake doesn't go to waste around my house and work, so it will be enjoyed no matter what the design! But I want that planner to see what I create, and maybe she'll change her attitude about bakers in our town...or at least see what I can do icon_biggrin.gif

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:16pm
post #8 of 9

The scroll work looks alot like the work on this cake....I bet it would be beautiful on your cake!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1282251

(I hope this link works!!!)

I can't wait to see your finished project.

__Jamie__ Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:19pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks Kathy! That scroll is beautiful! Yeah, I can't wait to work on this. I think I will stick to a 3 tier to make it easier on myself. Hey, at the very least, a pretty picture for my galleries, eh?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%