Fyi---W Brand Flower Nails Are Safe....official Reply...

Decorating By tinygoose Updated 20 Dec 2008 , 3:32am by Carolynlovescake

tinygoose Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 11:07pm
post #1 of 5

In case anyone is interested or uses Flower Nails in lieu of baking cores.

Hi there,
I was just wondering if you could tell me if there is any lead in your flower nails. I know a lot of bakers who use them as heating core for baking cakes. I've always wanted to try this, but am concerned about what metals (specifically lead) are used in the flower nail. Could you tell me what metals are used to solder the flower nails together, and what type of metal it you use to make them? Are they completely food safe?
Many thanks,

Hello Sally,

Wilton Products is committed to providing the highest quality product to our customers, and Wilton requires strict control of all raw materials and manufacturing processes. All of our products are fully compliant to the United States Code of Federal Regulations and California Prop 65, which has the strictest requirements for lead. Products are continually tested by independent accredited laboratories and must comply with federal and state regulations regarding limits for lead and requirements for product safety prior to entering the market place. Hope this information helps!
Thank you,
Jaime R.

Wilton Products, Inc

Customer Service

4 replies
sweetflowers Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 5

Hmmm, they don't out and out say they are food safe. They just say they follow regulations for lead. Is all metal food safe that doesn't have lead?

kelleym Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 12:20am
post #3 of 5

I'm not sure that statement officially means it's ok to cook them in cake batter....

ceshell Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 12:35am
post #4 of 5

I guess you would need to look up Prop 65 to see what the regulations actually ARE?

Carolynlovescake Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 3:32am
post #5 of 5

Let me ask them and see if I can get a better response.

Quote by @%username% on %date%