How I Know I'm A Baker, Not A Butcher

Business By -Tubbs Updated 19 Dec 2008 , 12:36am by -Tubbs

-Tubbs Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 6

It's been very cold here since last weekend, and nobody has wanted to go far from home. Last Sunday DH and I spent the whole day making sausages. Pork and beef, 6 different varieties. Up to my elbows in horrible, bloody (gag), cold meat for hours and hours. Doing indecent-seeming things with the skins. Constantly disinfecting. By the end of the day I was dragging my feet and nearly crying with boredom and tiredness.

Contrast: I spent a lovely day yesterday all by myself baking and decorating 100 cookies for my kids' classes. All complicated RI in lots of colours. By the end of the day I was still bouncy. My back was sore but I was happy and satisfied with my day. Lovely warm cookies, sweet icing, pretty decorations. Much better. icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
chutzpah Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 6

Geez hunny, thanks for the visual image..... gah.

stephaniescakenj Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 6

I totally know what you're talking about. My hubby makes sausage, beer and jerky...ALL THE TIME. He's always bugging me to do it with him, do something fun together as he refers to it... Up to my elbows in raw meat and stinky barley?!? No Way!!! I'd rather be covered in flour and powdered sugar

lkfarley Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 6

icon_biggrin.gif While my husband has never asked me to make sausage, I too can think of nothing else I would rather be doing (short of spending time in New Hampshire with DH) than wrecking my tiny kitchen baking up a storm, decorating cakes and cookies! Thanks for the smile and the visual! Hope you all have a blessed Christmas icon_biggrin.gif

sari66 Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 10:39pm
post #5 of 6

I so would not have been able to do that! ugh my stomach rolls when I go to the butcher!! I'll stick to making cakes thanks! icon_smile.gif

-Tubbs Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 12:36am
post #6 of 6

You got the picture then?!

Here's another nice image for you: A British public information film, just in time for the holidays.

http://thatsnews.blogspot.com/2008/12/something-not-to-give-your-family-this.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%