Roses Between Tiers... How Many?

Decorating By chutzpah Updated 21 Dec 2008 , 4:10am by -K8memphis

chutzpah Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 8

I have a 10-8-6 cake with roses between the tiers, one layer of flowers. About how many regular-sized flowers do I need?

Thanks in advance!

7 replies
scoutmamma Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 8

It depends on the flowers, are they real or artificial? are the open blooms or closed? depending on what you choose will depend on how may to use... HTH

chutzpah Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 9:49pm
post #3 of 8

Gah. I knew there wasn't going to be an easy answer! LOL

cupcakemkr Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 10:03pm
post #4 of 8

you are using raised tiers and placing them just under the teir above? if the roses are 2 1/2 inches in diameter you'd need about 11 to go around the 8 inch and 7.5 to go around the 6 inch.

find the circumference of the circle and divide that by the size of the rose
I THINK that should work

costumeczar Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 6:02pm
post #5 of 8

Depends on how open the roses are. I did a three-tiered cake that took 9 dozen roses (!) to fill in the spaces, but they were relatively closed. You can also open up the roses a little by hand if you work on them. I'd get them a few days before and let them sit in a warmish area so that they open up some, then they'd be easier to work with and will fill in more space.

JodieF Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 10:14pm
post #6 of 8

On this cake I used roses between the 6 and 9 inch tier and between the 9 and 12. I used 2 1/2 dozen roses and could have used more! They weren't totally open.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1254183

Jodie

glendaleAZ Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 2:56am
post #7 of 8

Hi Chutzpah,

Take a look at my rose cake in my photo album or the link below, and if it's what you're looking for let me know and I will give you the number of roses I used on each tier. The roses graduate from the top tier starting with small roses, then medium, then large.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1277386

Tammy

-K8memphis Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 4:10am
post #8 of 8

To give you a visual, draw an 8" and a 6" circle out of paper then fold each one into quarters. Visualize how many flowers you would be comfy with to fill out those two quarter areas. Then add how many flowers would fit on the 6" quarter and the 8" quarter- multiply by 4.

Flowery thoughts pour vous.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%