Cake Mix+4 Eggs+Oil+Pudding+Water Recipe-Help?

Decorating By johnson6ofus Updated 18 Dec 2008 , 8:31pm by johnson6ofus

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 13

OK, so I lost it... I searched high and low and read 50 CC recipes-

I need the cake mix + 4 serving instant pudding mix+ 4 eggs+ ________ oil + _______ water cake recipe. How much water, how much oil? I Forgot icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I don't have the sour cream or buttermilk called for in other recipes.
Thanks in advance-
Rita

12 replies
CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 13

I would use whats called for on the box.
Sorry I could'nt be much help.
Good Luck

sugaah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaah Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 6:24pm
post #3 of 13

I think you decrease the water the box calls for by 1/3 c and increase the oil by 1/3 c so 1 c water and 2/3 c oil

shalderman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalderman Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 6:26pm
post #4 of 13

Hmmm... it didn't have sour cream in it? The recipe I use from here is the durable cake recipe which is:

cake mix
pudding mix (4 serving)
4 eggs
1/2 c oil
1/2 c water
1 c sour cream

If the recipe you had called for no sour creamI would do like yourstrulytx said and just follow the amounts on the box. The recipe I have above basically subs 1 c of sour cream for the water (if you look at what a box calls for).

BTW you can make a buttermilk sub using 1 T lemon juice to 1 c milk. It just doesn't have all the fat depending on what type of milk you use. Add the lemon juice and let stand a few min and it will curdle.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 6:35pm
post #5 of 13

You decrease the water by 1/3 cup and add one egg and the pudding...the oil stays the same as the box.

I do it all the time!

johnson6ofus Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 13

Thanks folks, but anyone sure? Problem is- I made this cake for my "Saran Wrap" test post here earlier. It was simple and great- but SUPER moist. I think it is a "simple standard" recipe many know/ use because it is cheaper than sour cream use... I dunno.

Anyway - not ONE, but TWO sons getting BS degrees tomorrow from UT Dallas. icon_lol.gif Want to make a really good cake (yeah, should have baked earlier, but this is the best I can do).

johnson6ofus Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 6:45pm
post #7 of 13

Sorry Kitagirl, didn't mean to skip past your answer. I think that may be right- 1/2 cup+ 1 cup water, but then it had 4 eggs. Think that would be alright?

MEME1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MEME1977 Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 6:49pm
post #8 of 13

THIS IS THE RECIPE THAT I USE THAT CALLS FOR PUDDING MIX:

CAKE MIX
BOX OF PUDDING
1/2 CUP OF OIL
1 CUP OF MILK
4 EGGS

I USE THIS RECIPE ALL THE TIME AND IT MAKES THE CAKE MOIST FOR DAYS.....PEOPLE USUALLY SAID IT TASTES LIKE MADE FROM SCRATCH

jawalk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jawalk Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 6:53pm
post #9 of 13

To keep it simple - Add 1 small box of instant pudding & 1 egg to the directions on any cake mix. I don't add or decrease anything the cake box is calling for. I have been using this procedure since this all began.

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 7:04pm
post #10 of 13

ditto Kitagirl

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 7:15pm
post #11 of 13

I do the same as jwalk. Add the pudding and extra egg with no other changes to the directions on the cake mix box.

debydll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debydll Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 7:17pm
post #12 of 13

Hi Rita ! icon_smile.gif My name is Deby, from CC en español: I think that this are the recipes that you are looking for:

CHOCOLATE CAKE
1 chocolate cake mix
1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup oil
1-1/4 cup water
4 eggs
I put the cake mix through my sifter and then put all the ingredients in my mixing bowl. Using the paddle, I stirred it for 30 seconds. Then I turned the mixer to 2 and beat it for 2 minutes. Someone gave me this tip yesterday on CC and I could kiss them. This will make 10 or 11 of the 7 oz. ramikins and at least a dozen of the 4 oz. My instructor uses this for all her wedding cakes, and I think this will do a 3 inch high x 8 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes for the ramikins.

YELLOW or LEMON CAKE
1 cake mix
1 box instant pudding
1/3 cup oil
1 cup water
4 eggs
1 Tbs. of poppyseed for the lemon if you wish
Same instructions as above

WHITE CAKE
1 cake mix
1 box instant pudding
1/2 cup oil
1 cup water
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Same instructions
Sorry about my english icon_redface.gif I did my best!!

johnson6ofus Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 8:31pm
post #13 of 13

Muchas Gracias Debi!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%