Icing/filling For A Coconut Flavored Cake??

Baking By FlourPots Updated 23 Dec 2008 , 9:31pm by Bijoudelanuit

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 12

Just wondering what would go good with this kind of cake. I would prefer to fill and ice with the same mixture. Any suggestions?

I'm not opposed to coconut filling/icing but don't have a tried and true recipe.

11 replies
Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 12

I use IMBC flavored with Malibu coconut rum- For the filling I stir in flaked coconut... makes my mouth water to think of it!

FlourPots Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 2:18pm
post #3 of 12

Sounds delicious...thanks.

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 5:54am
post #4 of 12

Pineapple is always a big hit.

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 5:57am
post #5 of 12

Pineapple is always a big hit.

ape74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape74 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 6:09am
post #6 of 12

Can I ask you what coconut cake recipe are you using FlourPots? Or are you making your own, like extending a box cake mix or something?

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 6:44am
post #7 of 12

I use a passion fruit filling with my coconut cream cake. Best seller with my brides.

FlourPots Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 2:11pm
post #8 of 12

Yum, pineapple...not sure what passion fruit is, but I'm nervous about fruit fillings, dams and all that anyway.

The recipe I'm using came from cakeboss.com, and it does start out with a boxed mix. I've never tried it before so I can't vouch for the taste.

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 2:19pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijoudelanuit

I use IMBC flavored with Malibu coconut rum- For the filling I stir in flaked coconut... makes my mouth water to think of it!

Hello Bijoudelanuit, i bought some of the Malibu coconut rum glaze i think thats what its called and it sort of thick wonder if i could use this in my coconut cake??it said to use as toppings for cakes or icecream

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 6:02pm
post #10 of 12

Didn't mean to scare you, its not actually "fruit" its a (frozen)concentrate thats wonderful! I simply thaw a few Tbls., mix it into sweetened Whipped cream (or sometimes IMBC) and thats the filling! icon_wink.gif I also get strawberry, blackberry, and several other flavors.....

FlourPots Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 7:04pm
post #11 of 12

Now that sounds do-able and delicious...thanks for the explanation.

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 9:31pm
post #12 of 12

I've never seen the thick rum glaze before! If it's thick enough to spread you could use it as a filling... if it's thicker but syrupy you could brush it onto the layers. I'm sure you could still use it to flavor buttercream. I'll have to look for some!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%