Icing And Coloring

Decorating By brannendeville Updated 19 Dec 2008 , 3:34pm by tonedna

brannendeville Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 6

I made yellow, green, red and white icing last night. I made it the same way I have made it before with out any issues.

It was the first time I needed WHITE so I used the White-white icing color. Trying to hurry up so I could go to bed, I did not clean the mixer between white and green, and now I have white streaks in my green that will not go away, I have added more sugar and more green coloring.

Is this right? Has anyone else had this issue? Am I going crazy?

5 replies
brincess_b Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 6

what kind of icing is it? if its something like fondant, i would keep kneading it till it all blends in.
xx

kakeladi Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 11:48pm
post #3 of 6

Sorry need more info to offer any advice.

tonedna Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 6

I never had this issue before..White on white is supposed to mix well, just like any other color.
Maybe you still hitting areas where there still some pure white not mix well. Sometimes I wish I coulde see it so I could help!
Edna

brannendeville Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 6

Well it was buttercream, and it wasn't from the White-white. because when i got home the yellow, which i made before i made the white, was all streaky too. No matter how much I mixed still the same.

The only thing it could hvae been was i used regular crisco and i usually use butter flavored?

Any thing happen to anyone else?

tonedna Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:34pm
post #6 of 6

I have no idea then, this never happened to me..hope you can find some answers icon_redface.gif
Edna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%