Contacted By Abc For Show...

Business By btrsktch Updated 18 Dec 2008 , 5:52pm by littlecake

btrsktch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
btrsktch Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 11

I hope I can make someone's day with this. I'm praying for good karma and all!

I was sent an email from a representative of ABC to cast for the Wife Swap show. The premise of this episode is to have a cupcake bake-off. I guess I was contacted because I own a cupcake bakeshoppe. I followed up and it is legitimate. Only thing is that it requires that you have children between 6 -17 years of age and a 10 day commitment.

Well, I don't have any children, so I would love to pass this incredible opportunity on to one of you wonderful ladies who meets the criteria, can commit to one week away from home, and who wants to be on TV!

There is a significant 'thank you' compensation involved, as well as a very small finder's fee for me if they cast the family I recommend.

If anyone is interested, or wants to know more about it, let me know. If you are truly interested but want to stay private, then PM me. But to avoid flooding my PM box, please limit to only if you are truly interested.

S.

10 replies
cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 11

Dang, 6 years ago this would have been perfect for me!...LOL But saddly I am now an empty nester icon_sad.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 11

Ugh.. I hate that show.. good luck finding someone though. icon_smile.gif I fit your criteria but could never subject my family to that sort of a thing.

btrsktch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
btrsktch Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:37pm
post #4 of 11

I've seen a few episodes of the show. But, I'm not one to judge because times are really tough for some people and I'm hoping to do my part to by getting the word out. If someone needs the help and wants to do it, I'd say go for it! thumbs_up.gif

I forgot to mention that you must be in a TWO parent household.

FromScratch Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:40pm
post #5 of 11

Oh yes.. I wouldn't knock anyone for wanting to do it. I just can't watch the show for more than 2 minutes. The people they seem to choose are just so not my cup-o-tea. I know my family wouldn't be a good match for the show. I could use the money though.. LOL.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:59pm
post #6 of 11

my family would eat anew mom up and spit her out, i just couldn't do that do another woman, cause i know they would send some prissy girly girl here and she would be in tears my the end of the day, let alone a week.

FromScratch Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:13pm
post #7 of 11

LMAO.. my family would chew and spit too.. icon_lol.gif

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:17pm
post #8 of 11

LOL...all of your comments are killing me!!!! LOL....I wouldn't do the show either because I can guarantee that the family I go to wouldn't like me. As well as, between my husband and my kids....the poor woman would not survive! In my opinion, I could ever subject my family to that type of situation, it just seems like the "tv time" causes a lot of trauma for the family.

Good luck to whoever takes it though!!!

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 4:15pm
post #9 of 11

Ha! I would do it if I wasn't sucha germ a phob! THey would probably send me to some house with dog poo and roaches liek some I have seen. Ick! Then my husband would be left with the wife that would let her hosue have poo and roaches and he would be OBNOXIOUS! the whoel country would think we are crazy I jsut know it. I think I will just let that assumption stay within our gerneral community thank you! icon_smile.gif

I think it would be neat though...Probably hard to hear what the other mom thought about your family though....everyone thinks their way is best.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 5:19pm
post #10 of 11

hahahaaha

with my luck they would get some mom in that hates Wilton and has to teach it for me.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 5:52pm
post #11 of 11

wow this is gonna be cool....hope it's someone we "know".

don't they always put polar opposits together?

wonder what they would put with a cupcakelady?

health food nut?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%