How Do You Make The Realy Large Fondant Roses???

Decorating By ranbel Updated 18 Dec 2008 , 7:12pm by Cakepro

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:14am
post #1 of 8

Hi all,

I have the 3 standard flower cutters that came with my wilton course, but I want to make it larger than that. Can you buy a cutter larger than the one that came in the kit?

Or, is there another way to make them without the cutters? I don't think I want the ribbon style, I like the standard looking rose.

Thanks

7 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:45am
post #2 of 8

Yes, there is someone else that makes several sizes of rose cutters. You can get them from the small to life size. The ones I have are either PME or FMM.

ranbel Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:49am
post #3 of 8

Can these be purchased at Michaels??

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:51am
post #4 of 8

What I did was to make the biggest one I could w/'normal' cutters then made seperate petals (not wired) which I put together in cups then put the normal rose on top of them. The final rose was about 4" wide.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:10am
post #5 of 8

It really depends how big you want the rose yo be. Globalsugarart has the five petal rose cutter in a lot of sizes.. But if you want a bigger rose you might need to do them in separate petals.. Just like kakelady suggested.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

ranbel Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:25am
post #6 of 8

I think using 4 cutters would be what I'm looking for. I have use 3 cutters and you get the med. size rose, so I think 4 cutters would be idea for what I'm wanting to do. So, I guess I need one size liarger than what comes in the wilton kit.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 4:54am
post #7 of 8

No you aren't going to find the PME or FMM ones at Micheals. They are going to be something you have to order or find at a cake supply store.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 7:12pm
post #8 of 8

I've made large roses using Wilton's Nesting Blossoms cookie cutter set: http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E316CA3-475A-BAC0-5ED5234A8199181B&fid=3E32EC3F-475A-BAC0-5A1725AF51DB9542

Just use them as you would the little ones (cutting between the petals) and you have 6 petals per layer, not 5. Easy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%