How Do You Make The Realy Large Fondant Roses???

Decorating By ranbel Updated 18 Dec 2008 , 7:12pm by Cakepro

ranbel Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:14am
post #1 of 8

Hi all,

I have the 3 standard flower cutters that came with my wilton course, but I want to make it larger than that. Can you buy a cutter larger than the one that came in the kit?

Or, is there another way to make them without the cutters? I don't think I want the ribbon style, I like the standard looking rose.

7 replies
TexasSugar Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:45am
post #2 of 8

Yes, there is someone else that makes several sizes of rose cutters. You can get them from the small to life size. The ones I have are either PME or FMM.

ranbel Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:49am
post #3 of 8

Can these be purchased at Michaels??

kakeladi Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:51am
post #4 of 8

What I did was to make the biggest one I could w/'normal' cutters then made seperate petals (not wired) which I put together in cups then put the normal rose on top of them. The final rose was about 4" wide.

tonedna Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:10am
post #5 of 8

It really depends how big you want the rose yo be. Globalsugarart has the five petal rose cutter in a lot of sizes.. But if you want a bigger rose you might need to do them in separate petals.. Just like kakelady suggested.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

ranbel Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:25am
post #6 of 8

I think using 4 cutters would be what I'm looking for. I have use 3 cutters and you get the med. size rose, so I think 4 cutters would be idea for what I'm wanting to do. So, I guess I need one size liarger than what comes in the wilton kit.

TexasSugar Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 4:54am
post #7 of 8

No you aren't going to find the PME or FMM ones at Micheals. They are going to be something you have to order or find at a cake supply store.

Cakepro Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 7:12pm
post #8 of 8

I've made large roses using Wilton's Nesting Blossoms cookie cutter set:

Just use them as you would the little ones (cutting between the petals) and you have 6 petals per layer, not 5. Easy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%