Broke My Arm.

Decorating By enoid Updated 18 Dec 2008 , 9:03pm by marmalade1687

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 18

I fell on the ice this last weekend and broke my arm. Has anyone out there had to deal with this problem? Luckily I only had family orders for Christmas so no letting "customers" down. icon_cry.gificon_redface.gif

17 replies
mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 18

I so sorry! I hope you are feeling better....what a bummer Sorry..no help, just wanted to wish you well!

KeltoKel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KeltoKel Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 18

Ouch! That stinks! I hope you are feeling better soon!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:53am
post #4 of 18

That sucks....sorry to hear of your problemicon_sad.gif
Never have broken any bones. Nor been so sick I had to cancel any orders.

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:02am
post #5 of 18

Ugh! There's not really a good time for that to happen, but the holidays seem to be a particularly bad time! I hope you heal quickly.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:03am
post #6 of 18

Not as bad as an arm, but I broke my big toe the second week in May! I had 6 weddings that week, couldn't take pain meds or I couldn't work, and had to deliver with a broken toe. It was rough, but I made it. A broken arm would be horrible! Sorry it happened, but glad it is at a slow time!

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:05am
post #7 of 18

So sorry to hear you broke your arm, I hope you heal quickly and find a way to at least enjoy a bit of your forced vacation time icon_smile.gif.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:20am
post #8 of 18

Ouchie...that has to be my worst nightmare..I'll have you in my prayers!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:21am
post #9 of 18

Ouch! I hope you feel better soon! I have had to take a month and a half from cake orders for surgery, but was able to plan it ahead. Of course its not fun turning down cake orders that could be bringing in extra Christmas money! But oh well.

Chin up! Read lots of books and relax....

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:31am
post #10 of 18

That's got to be a bummer! You still got another one, don'tcha? Don't be actin' like you can't decorate just 'cause one is out of commission! LOL....fill those family requests with your non-broken hand...it'll be hilarious if the one that didn't get broke is the one you don't use...you know...the one that doesn't pay attention when you're tryin' to write with it! I swear I ain't laughin' at you....I just thought of what my writing would look like if I used my left hand(I'm right-handed). Oh, gosh....that makes me want to decorate...ice it and everything ...with my left hand just to crack myself up!

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:39am
post #11 of 18

ouch! hope you have a speedy recovery!

SpoonfulofSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:44am
post #12 of 18

that's terrible....I'll be praying for you to have a speedy recovery

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:46pm
post #13 of 18

Wishing you a very speedy recovery! I had a very nasty arm break when I was a kid, to this day I have to "pop" my elbow about every 20 to 30 minutes just to get it to open from a bent position, and it will begin to ache if I don't. Good side is one of my hobbies is archery, due to the fact that my left arm doesn't open 100% I don't have to wear a forearm guard, the bow string never even comes close to striking it icon_wink.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:58pm
post #14 of 18

i broke my wrist a couple years ago...it sucked....i just had to carry on, it took about twice as long to do everything....and i couldn't use the big mixer for a few months...cause i couldn't lift the bowl.

hope you get well soon!

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:01pm
post #15 of 18

all4cake, you are too silly. I am a leftie and I know what you are talking about. Its like my right hand is not connected to my brain at all!! Chicken scratch is being nice!

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 4:55pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

That's got to be a bummer! You still got another one, don'tcha? Don't be actin' like you can't decorate just 'cause one is out of commission! LOL....fill those family requests with your non-broken hand...it'll be hilarious if the one that didn't get broke is the one you don't use...you know...the one that doesn't pay attention when you're tryin' to write with it! I swear I ain't laughin' at you....I just thought of what my writing would look like if I used my left hand(I'm right-handed). Oh, gosh....that makes me want to decorate...ice it and everything ...with my left hand just to crack myself up!

Thank you for all your kind words and prayers. I think my cakes would end up on Cake Wrecks if I tried doing them left handed. icon_biggrin.gif The doctor said I can go back to work tomorrow. (assuming we don't get the ice storm they are predicting for tonight.) I wish you all a Merry Christmas.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 6:39pm
post #17 of 18

I was cracking myself up thinking what my family members' faces would look like if I presented them with cakes made with my left hand. I'd be like, "Dayum, I did my best(while closing sister's dropped jaw). It ain't That bad(knowing good and well it'd look like crap). Families are good for practical(or impractical) jokes(even though only one member would agree with me on that...myself).

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 9:03pm
post #18 of 18

Enoid, I hope you feel better soon! I burned my hand quite badly this summer, so I had to do a couple of my wedding cakes one-handed with my husband's help! Funny now, but not fun then! icon_lol.gif Luckily it was my right-hand (I'm left-handed), so I could still decorate in a straight line!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%