What Extracts Do You Like To Use Together?

Decorating By ddaigle Updated 20 Dec 2008 , 9:22pm by Baking_Booth

ddaigle Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 8

I like almond the best, and of course I have vanilla & butter extract, but my Wilton instructor told me she uses Valencia and Cream Bouquet together. So I bought them too! Which ones are good used together?

7 replies
Wing-Ding Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 8

I've used chocolate and mint together before with great results, but you can only use a small drop of mint and lots more chocolate. I haven't tried it out on fondant.

With that exception, I've never really used a combination of extracts before. Now I might have to try some!

Thanks for the idea!

Shelle_75 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 5:28am
post #3 of 8

I like to combine vanilla and almond, with a tiny bit of lemon, for my buttercream icing. People rave about it!

I'd like to try that Creme Bouquet sometime, too.

grannys3angels Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 5:46am
post #4 of 8

I will use butter flavoring with french vanilla blend, and will use equal amounts of hot water and french vanilla powder coffee creamer, as my liquid.

God Bless & Happry Holidays,
Sharon

AnythingSugar Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 5:46am
post #5 of 8

I really like vanilla and creme bouquet together. I use this in cakes, cookies and buttercream.

KKC Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 6:15am
post #6 of 8

Vanilla & Lemon extract...i use them all the time in my WASC...when I do cake tastings I give a sample of the WASC slice with just vanilla and then a WASC slice with vanilla & lemon...and every single time they pick the sample with the lemon.

ddaigle Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:58pm
post #7 of 8

I really like almond extract the best, but didn't know if you have found that other extracts clash with it. I use butter, almond & vanilla extracts in my buttercream, but was interested to use the cream bouquet & valencia at some point.

Baking_Booth Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 9:22pm
post #8 of 8

icon_surprised.gif Those sound yummy! Now I'm off to the store to buy some more extracts!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%