What Extracts Do You Like To Use Together?

Decorating By ddaigle Updated 20 Dec 2008 , 9:22pm by Baking_Booth

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 8

I like almond the best, and of course I have vanilla & butter extract, but my Wilton instructor told me she uses Valencia and Cream Bouquet together. So I bought them too! Which ones are good used together?

7 replies
Wing-Ding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wing-Ding Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 8

I've used chocolate and mint together before with great results, but you can only use a small drop of mint and lots more chocolate. I haven't tried it out on fondant.

With that exception, I've never really used a combination of extracts before. Now I might have to try some!

Thanks for the idea!

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 5:28am
post #3 of 8

I like to combine vanilla and almond, with a tiny bit of lemon, for my buttercream icing. People rave about it!

I'd like to try that Creme Bouquet sometime, too.

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 5:46am
post #4 of 8

I will use butter flavoring with french vanilla blend, and will use equal amounts of hot water and french vanilla powder coffee creamer, as my liquid.

God Bless & Happry Holidays,
Sharon

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 5:46am
post #5 of 8

I really like vanilla and creme bouquet together. I use this in cakes, cookies and buttercream.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 6:15am
post #6 of 8

Vanilla & Lemon extract...i use them all the time in my WASC...when I do cake tastings I give a sample of the WASC slice with just vanilla and then a WASC slice with vanilla & lemon...and every single time they pick the sample with the lemon.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:58pm
post #7 of 8

I really like almond extract the best, but didn't know if you have found that other extracts clash with it. I use butter, almond & vanilla extracts in my buttercream, but was interested to use the cream bouquet & valencia at some point.

Baking_Booth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking_Booth Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 9:22pm
post #8 of 8

icon_surprised.gif Those sound yummy! Now I'm off to the store to buy some more extracts!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%