Need A Fabulous Cupcake Recipe!

Baking By lasvegasmommma Updated 26 Dec 2008 , 10:40pm by DiscoLady

lasvegasmommma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lasvegasmommma Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 10

My husband has signed me up to make cupcakes for his holiday party this Saturday night. I am kind of known for my baking around his office, and he loves my cupcakes, so there you go!

I want to make something with impressive flavor, and possibly with alcohol. I was originally thinking of chambord cupcakes, or rum cupcakes, or maybe something with pepermint Shnaps for the holidays? It doesn't have to have alcohol in it, it was just a thought.

HELP!

THANK YOU!!!

9 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 10

How about chocolate cake with white chocolate buttercream topped with crushed candy cane and mini candy cane accent or peppermint white chocolate buttercream (could be tinted ice blue) with white chocolate snowflake topper

Have fun!

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 10

Paula Deen has a really good recipe for a peppermint cake that would make awesome cupccakes. If you want it I can type it up for you. It has a white chocolate frosting, it's so yummy!

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 6:47pm
post #4 of 10

I made chocolate martini cupcakes for a party the other night and they were ROCKIN GOOD!!

If you go to the cupcake thread (in the cupcake section).. fiddlesticks has a link under her name that has TONS of recipes... all have been good that I tried..

jojo0676 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jojo0676 Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 10

Oooh, oooh, I want a peppermint cake recipe. Sounds delish, I love peppermint!

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 6:52pm
post #6 of 10

what about some kahula cupcakes, the chocolate ones?

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 7:04pm
post #7 of 10

I made some Monday for a Christmas Party with a dark chocolate cake mix that I added andes mint chips to. Then I added peppermint extract to my buttercream recipe....they were so good! They disappeared quick!

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 7:21pm
post #8 of 10

Paula's Favorite Peppermint Cake
From Cooking with Paula Deen

1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, separated
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
3 cups A/P flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 2- 9 in round cake pans. In a large bowl beat butter and sugar on med speed, until creamy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in peppermint extract.

In a med bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, alternating with the cream, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Stir in sour cream and peppermints, just until combined.

In a medium bowl, beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the batter. Spoon batter evenly into the cake pans. Bake for 26 - 28 minutes or until toothpicks come out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack. Wrap cakes in heavy duty plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour up to 24 hours. Tort each cake, so you will have 4 layers.

White chocolate frosting.
8 oz white chocolate
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
9 cups powdered sugar

In a med bowl combine chocolate and cream. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals stirring between each, until chocolate is melted and smooth, about 1 1/2 minutes. Let cool completely. In a mixing bowl combine chocolate mixture with butter. Beat on med speed until creamy. Add vanilla , until combined. Gradually add powdered sugar. Beat until smooth.

btrsktch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
btrsktch Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:09pm
post #9 of 10

I made a chocolate cake with vanilla icing, and rolled in crushed peppermint. I call it Chocolate Bark.

It is simply delicious and very, very festive! The only thing is to make sure the peppermint stays cold or it will melt. Its still very minty, but it won't look as pretty.

If you want to add alcohol, try adding Godiva Chocolate liqueur to the recipe. It adds a great extra kick!

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 10:40pm
post #10 of 10

I know this is too late for your hubby's party but you may want to keep in mind for future use. I made bananas foster cupcakes for Christmas. Used a BC butter pecan cake mix and added some rum (bout 1 1/2 capfuls) and pureed bananas to mix. Baked and iced with a creamy topping made of cool whip, vanilla instant pudding (to thicken), capful of rum and a bit of pureed banana, after icing cupcake sprinkled chopped pecans on top. Soooooooo yummy! Everyone loved them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%