Poker Tourney Baby Shower Cake?

Decorating By BlondiezBakery Updated 20 Dec 2008 , 9:34pm by Baking_Booth

BlondiezBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlondiezBakery Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 8

Ok...so my friends have decided they want a poker tournament baby shower. The mom to be doesn't want a lot of frilly/cutesy stuff...eventhough she is having a girl.

Also...to 'buy in' to the tourney you must bring a gift. So, the more gifts you bring the more chances you have to play.

This is a first for me to hear anything like this.....

Any recommendations....? I couldn't wait to make my first baby shower cake...all cute and everything. Now, it has turned into a poker tournament....ha ha.

7 replies
FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 8

Two thoughts:
make a poker table cake with a fondant baby sleeping on top; or make a cute baby cake with a few playing cards and poker chips scattered around it. Sounds like the mom-to-be may appreciate option 1, while you'd like to do option 2. icon_smile.gif

BlondiezBakery Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:34pm
post #3 of 8

I like those ideas. I was thinking so much poker table stuff...but hadn't thought about sticking with a cute cake and just adding poker elements. Like it!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 8

How about one of your TT cakes in felt green with poker chip polka dots and a gumpaste baby (similar to one of your monkeys) holding a hand of cards or sitting on a deck of cards as a topper - inscription could be something like ~ good luck with your full house

I am sure what ever you make will be great.
Good luck!

BlondiezBakery Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:56pm
post #5 of 8

ha ha....Love it! "Good luck with your full house!"....very clever!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 9:13pm
post #6 of 8

I changed my mind...the baby should be showing her cards and the inscription should be...Full House, Baby!
he he

BlondiezBakery Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 10:50pm
post #7 of 8

ha ha....very cute! I will have to post pictures when it is done....(January 17th is the party date)

Baking_Booth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking_Booth Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 9:34pm
post #8 of 8

I love cupcake's idea! Too cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%