Plastic Cake Pans

Decorating By lolobell Updated 17 Dec 2008 , 8:29pm by FullHouse

lolobell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolobell Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 4:57am
post #1 of 10

Hi all!
I have been searching Ebay for the Wilton Number 8 and number 0 for my Mom's 80th...but there are few and far between auctions with prices I'm not sure I want to spend. I have researched online some and found this "pantastic" plastic type pans that are only $5 or so. Have any of you ever heard of them and if so, would you recc?

Thanks a bunch.
PS if anyone is wanting to sell their number pans (wilton) I'm open!
Marianne

9 replies
liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:07am
post #2 of 10

Sorry, never heard of them and can't offer any help....just wanted to help by "bumping" your thread along!

Hope someone can help you!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:53am
post #3 of 10

Have you thought about carving them out of an oval or sheet cake?

lolobell Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:59am
post #4 of 10

oh, I did, but my skill level is not up for that I don't think!!! Any tips??

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 6:01am
post #5 of 10

I seem to remember seeing something in the galler about how to carve numbers. I didn't save it to my favorites, but maybe someone else knows the link.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 6:07am
post #6 of 10

I'm sure Doug has probably done some patterns. icon_smile.gif

Personally I think I'd draw out the shape and size I wanted on paper then just lay that over the cake and start craving.

adamt01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 1:17pm
post #8 of 10

I have a few of the Pantastic pans are they are really easy to use.Follow the directions that come with them and they are as easy as regular pans.I haven't had a problem yet!!

lolobell Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 2:24pm
post #9 of 10

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. I can't tell you how much I learn from you all. I have never had the opp. to take classes so I am self taught and still have a ways to go. BUT, whenever I'm stuck, you all save the day!

Marianne

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 8:29pm
post #10 of 10

Carving is not as difficult as you would think. I was scared to try too, but "80" may be a good one to start with, not to many intricate angles. Just make sure you bake a firm enough cake (try WASC or enhanced cake mix for 3D from this site) and carve when frozen or just partially thawed. You can print out the numbers scaled to desired size from your computer right onto card stock and use them as a template, or transfer to cardboard for an even stronger template then just cut around with a serrated knife.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%