Great Idea For Cookies Or Cakes To Share

Decorating By JodieF Updated 17 Dec 2008 , 2:26pm by JodieF

JodieF Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 3:55am
post #1 of 5

I ordered these Vintage postcards from Fancy Flours. They're made from edible paper and edible ink.

http://fancyflours.com/site/xdpy/sf/Edible%20Wafer%20Paper/Printed%20Designs/index.html

They were VERY easy to use and I think they look amazing. Now, I did have a snow day yesterday, so I had a lot of fun with the RI, edible sugars and glitter, luster dusts and dragees. I spent hours decorating. I've never made decorated cookies before!

They cost about a dollar a piece. You get 19 different designs in a set. I think they make awesome cookies but would also be great on cakes. They have designs for other holidays and some gorgeous patterns too!

I just wanted to share my find!

Jodie
LL

4 replies
purplebutterfly1234 Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 4:06am
post #2 of 5

Wow! Those turned out beautiful! Great Job!

sweetcakes Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 4:37am
post #3 of 5

they are beautiful, love the old timey things like that. if you had an edible image printer you could make those yourself too.

deetmar Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 10:32am
post #4 of 5

Michaels has had a lot of vintage cards in their dollar bins right now. I have been buying them up, scanning them in, and plan on using them with my EI printer for cookies next year. I already have all of this years baking done.

JodieF Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 2:26pm
post #5 of 5

You could scan them yourself, for sure! The wafer paper is thicker though, and not as fragile as the paper edible images come on. I did like that. These looked smoother. The RI underneath didn't have to be perfect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%