How Do I? Sparkly Background

Decorating By koalabear Updated 17 Dec 2008 , 2:32pm by koalabear

koalabear Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 1:12am
post #1 of 5

I am making a cake for my step daughter's birthday and her mom wants it to look like this pic. My question is how do I make a silvery, sparkly background? All help will be greatly appreciated!!
LL

4 replies
bisbqueenb Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 1:21am
post #2 of 5

Edible glitter made from gum arabic. Use to decorate cakes, cookies, ice cream and other food items. May be crushed to create a fine glitter.631013 Comes in a variety of colors including the silver! I just ordered more from Chef Rubber today and it will be here on Thursday! here is a link that lists all of the colors....http://www.shopchefrubber.com/product.php?productid=7070&quantity=1
Local cake shops should carry the same type glitter in different brands. I live out in the boonies....closest cake shop is about 120 miles away so online ordering is the best thing since sliced bread!

koalabear Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 1:34am
post #3 of 5

Thanks Bisbqueenb... icon_smile.gif I will look for that at my cake shop!! I tried to go to the chef rubber web site and it's not coming up. icon_confused.gif I will keep trying just in case they are having technical difficulties.

mkolmar Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 4:48am
post #4 of 5

I have a sparkly cake in my photos of Barbie. If this is what your are looking for I bought disco dust and used an edible sugar glue to make it stick.

Take 1/4 tsp of tylose powder mixed with 2 TBSP. of warm water. Stir and leave overnight.

Paint it carefully then sprinkle the disco dust on. I bought the tylose and disco dust from country kitchens sweetarts.

koalabear Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 2:32pm
post #5 of 5

thanks mkolmar. I'll try that. Barbie was nice!!!! I bet some little girl got a kick out of her!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%