Funny Customer

Business By sari66 Updated 17 Dec 2008 , 9:45am by cupcake

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 9:04pm
post #1 of 10

I just had to laugh at this customer who just called
" Good afternoon is there any way I can get a 2 tiered custom cake made for today?"
Me "Um, no I don't make custom cakes same day as these can take some time." icon_confused.gif
" Are you sure I can't get it by tonight?"
"I'm sorry but I cant fit it in on such short notice
Really?"
Yes, really!
sounding dejected "Well thanks anyway"
Your welcome good day.

I laughed for a good five minutes afterwards icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 10

Sandra Lee could've done it. Hehehehe icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 10

Yeah.. seriously what do people think?? We wave our magic wands and boom a great looking cake right before their eyes. icon_biggrin.gif

And I agree with Mike.. Sandra Lee could have done it and it would have been a $500 cake too. tapedshut.gif

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 10:40pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Sandra Lee could've done it. Hehehehe icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

Be nice! I just watched her Holiday Show last night and I LIKE the look of her Brussel Sprouts with slivered almonds! LOL

Beth in KY

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 10:44pm
post #5 of 10

[/quote]

Be nice! I just watched her Holiday Show last night and I LIKE the look of her Brussel Sprouts with slivered almonds! LOL

Beth in KY[/quote]

Yum! Did she sprinkle corn nuts around it and call them acorns? Just kidding! icon_lol.gif

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 11:03pm
post #6 of 10

Tell her the best you can do it buy a small and large cake at Costco, stack one on top of the next and customize the color of the name you write on the cake for your custom prices.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 11:51pm
post #7 of 10

had one of those.... he calls at noon for a carved cake to look like BMW or a Porsche or something ... for a dinner party he was throwing that night at FIVE!!!!!! After I burst out laughing, I said, "Do you know how many DAYS it takes to make a cake like that?" I gave him the name of a very expensive bakery in town and suggested he try them .. he said he already had " .... and they said they needed more notice."

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 1:34am
post #8 of 10

Yeah, she had called around and was told the same thing "We need more notice" so why would I be different????

May be I should have told her to call Sandra to see if she would have whipped something up!! LOL

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 4:05am
post #9 of 10

The nerve! I get this ALL the time, walk in people being generous and saying they will poke around other stores for half an hour whilst I whip up a cake for 30 people!!! This despite signs on the storefront explaing all custom cakes are pre ordered...oh well!

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 9:45am
post #10 of 10

This one takes the cake! Customer calls today. I need a wedding cake.
O.K. When is the wedding? This Saturday. The lady that was going to make it is sick and cannot do the cake. I am desperate, can you do it? After going through what she actually needed, she wanted a 4 tier cake and didn't care about how it was decorated. I told her that normally I get a little more notice, but that since she was in a bind and one of my regular customers gave her my name I thought I would try and do this for her realizing her situation. I gave her a price. She says, well I have already paid this other woman for the cake, can I pay you after she refunds my money? What! I politely told her that she may pay with her debit or credit card or cash, but that I would need it by tomorrow, since my policy under normal conditions are half down and the balance 2 weeks before the wedding. She seemed irritated that I wouldn't agree to be paid after she got her refund. I am sorry madam, but there is not a business around that would agree to be paid after the fact. She said she would have to call me back, maybe she'll find someone else to agree to her request. I can't believe some people.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%