Has Anyone Ever Baked A Cake In A...

Decorating By Misdawn Updated 16 Dec 2008 , 9:53pm by Misdawn

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 6

Kitchen Aid mixer bowl? I'm planning to do a 3D snowman cake over the weekend and I wqas wondering if it was possible to bake in the bowl. It's the perfect size for my cake. I'm just scared to try it if no one else has done it either. Or maybe someone has some other idea I could try....

5 replies
mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 6

I used 2 small er stainless bowls for a cake before, it worked great!

kayjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayjess Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 6

I have never personally baked one in a Kitchen Aide mixing bowl, but I have baked one in a Pyrex mixing bowl, and it worked just fine... I don't see what the problem would be.. expecially since it is metal like a cake pan.. I would just guess you would want some type of heating core like you have to use for the pan when you make the doll cake. HTH.

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 7:05pm
post #4 of 6

I haven't needed one that big yet, but I've used the batter bowl from papmered chef and my stainless steel mixing bowls. I see no reason why you couldn't use the KA mixer bowl, you may need some kind of heating core - I used my angel food cake core upside down in my batter bowl for a core and it worked well, just fill the inside of the core (after greasing and flouring) and use the plug ro refill the hole it leaves when removed

dellboi2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dellboi2u Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 6

I have! I made a football helmet and used my kitchen aid bowl to bake the top of the helmet (the picture is in my photos) I filled it about 1/3 full with batter. I use Baker's Joy to grease my bowl, and after baking it cleans up well with a Mr. Clean magic erasor. I was happy with the results! Do it!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 9:53pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much! I feel better knowing someone else has done it, and it didn't ruin the bowl. (Sorry...just not comfortable being a guinea pig when it comes to my Kitchen Aid. She's too special to me!)

Thanks for all your replies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%