Hockey Christmas Party

Decorating By lainalee Updated 18 Dec 2008 , 1:16pm by novice

lainalee Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 1:54pm
post #1 of 7

Need an idea for a Hockey Christmas party for teenage boys, UGH!
This is my son's team, so you know it "can't be lame", according to him.
I'm blank, icon_confused.gif any ideas? TIA

6 replies
DianeLM Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 7

I'm a hockey mom too!

Are you looking for ideas for a cake or for the party in general?

How old are the boys? (There's a big difference between 13 and 17!) Will there be adults too?

I made this for a team Christmas party one year and it was the biggest hit! The garland I selected matched the team colors. Luckily the team had Christmas-y colors. icon_smile.gif

lainalee Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks Diane, what a pretty truffle tree, very clever. My son is a 2nd yr Bantam, so the boys range from 13- to almost 15. I'm thinking maybe something like this that I found here:
but maybe put a jersery on him with fondant and carrying a hocky stick instead of a broom. What do you think?

nanahaley Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 7

Maybe a sheet cake of "ice" with a hockey jersey, stick and puck laying on it. Here is a picture of my soccer cake that maybe you could adapt to fit the hockey theme Good luck!!

cakebaker1978 Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 7:41am
post #5 of 7

well I think you should go all out! Especially for your son's hockey team! They would love it! I found some pics for you...some from the web and some from CC. For the puck one and the jersey one, you could just change the logo to their hockey team name and logo. Good luck I can't wait to see what you decide to do!!! The first two pics are links.....and then I attached some pics! The first pic would be more of a manly skate and puck! Of course! hahaha

Kiddiekakes Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 1:09pm
post #6 of 7

Why not a large cupcake cake..I have done several of these over the last 2 years and the kids just love their logo on it and their names or you can just do the logo!

Ooops..ignore the birthday name there but it was the boy's hockey team logo!!

novice Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 1:16pm
post #7 of 7

Chocolate covered oreos in the molds come out looking like hockey pucks - at least that is what my daughter calls them. A sheet cake with the team colors, picture - whatever, with individual pucks on the sides.

Quote by @%username% on %date%