Incing/frosting

Decorating By countrygirlz Updated 16 Dec 2008 , 2:43am by Monkess

countrygirlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrygirlz Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 1:50am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have a good icing recipe that is kinda like whipping cream? I don't want to use buttercream and am looking for something different. I don't need to do and detailed work so it doesn't need to be too stiff. Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

3 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:02am
post #2 of 4

wilton has a good tasting one on their site.. i have made it and you stabilize it with gelatine... hth

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:09am
post #3 of 4

i looked on wiltons site and now they say to stabilize it with piping gel.. i stabilized mine with gelatine... i iced my cake with it and piped borders with it...

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:43am
post #4 of 4

Most of my cakes are using a whipped cream product. Customers prefer it to bc as it is less sweet and not as heavy. It is called Richs whipped topping-kind of like cool whip but MUCH more stronder for piping and decorating. you may also get Nutri Whip non dairy topping..same concept. Both these are far better than the wilton whipped (that does not yield enough for a cake and is way too expensive) also it is much better than actually trying to whip cream and make it stabilized. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%