Would You Refuse This Order? A Bit Controversial

Lounge By FeGe_Cakes Updated 21 Jan 2009 , 8:31pm by mommyle

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 3:47pm
post #151 of 175

I feel badly for the child, as most of you do. Such a blatant display of hatred. The only positive thing I can relate to this situation, is that at least their feelings are out in the open and give ample warning to whoever's paths they might cross.

There was a prior comment I don't agree with. A diverse family is probably a very colorful one, full of different traditions and customs. I'm sure it's lovely. That being said....

I am from a family of which most are of Greek Orthodox belief, or have converted to it during marriage. It is anything but BORING, as the previous poster mentioned. Our traditions are exquisite and STRONG. There is MUCH to say about a belief that hasn't changed in thousands of years and I am very proud of my family. I don't hate anyone else's beliefs, I just happen to love mine.

Whether you are diverse, or are not, there is no excuse for what these people stand for. Morality and respect is international and it's something they seem to lack.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 3:29pm
post #152 of 175

Now the parents are sorry for all the attention they got over this, and are boo-hooing to the press. He sais he is "starting to believe the Holocost happened" and will not consider changing the child's name.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1229835973229330.xml&coll=3

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 4:45pm
post #153 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

Now the parents are sorry for all the attention they got over this, and are boo-hooing to the press. He sais he is "starting to believe the Holocost happened" and will not consider changing the child's name.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1229835973229330.xml&coll=3

This story gets more ridiculous the more he tries to claim he is not a racist. What did he think would happen, we would stand behind him in the ShopRite parking lot and demand they make a cake for A.H. He needs to go play in traffic! icon_twisted.gif

tatetart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatetart Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 5:17pm
post #154 of 175

I would imagine that this man is just looking for a lawsuit to file.

But, I would have taken that order only if the child was present, then asked for more specifics about the name and who he was named after.
Then I would have told him about my dear friend, my mentor, who was my tailoring teacher- a holocaust survivor and a hero.

I would have told him about horrible atrocities that was overseen by Adolf Hilter and the Nazi regime. Millions of lives extinguished and even more families utterly destroyed by one thing- hate.
Those that survived lived with the pain of the memories, survivor's guilt, and their very bodies relive those events on a regular basis. But they lived, and have given living testimony to what actually happened in those death camps.

I would have told this innocent little boy about the good and kind man who survived the treachery of Adolf Hitler and his evil regime. And then I would have wished him a Happy Birthday and ask him to never forget what I told him.

Free speech can go both ways.
And if the father wanted to file a lawsuit against me, I would tell him to Bring in On!!

this-mama-rocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
this-mama-rocks Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 5:54pm
post #155 of 175

Hmmmmm, wouldn't it be great if a judge ordered the parents to change names with the kids?

The children would have the "normal" names of Heath, Deborah, and whatever the "parents" have as middle names. Then the "parents" can go through life, saddled with those horrible names. I can just see it on a job application! Oh, wait! I forgot the "parents" CAN'T work! Silly me!!!!

I'm tellin ya, people, the kids will be on Fox News in 12 years. After they have gone on a shooting spree.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:46am
post #156 of 175

check out the site How many of me.com. apparently 1530 people in the us have the name adolf . and two are named adolf campbell, go think

it is a cool site to check out when looking for baby names.
and no i would not make the cake...my dad and all my uncles fought against Hitler in
WWII and this family is just out looking for attention.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:53am
post #157 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer1

check out the site How many of me.com. apparently 1530 people in the us have the name adolf . and two are named adolf campbell, go think

and no i would not make the cake...my dad and all my uncles fought against Hitler in

I mean my Pop used to work for a guy named Adolf. I mean Adolf is not a bad name per se. Adolf Hitler is a horrible nightmare name.

And have you ever gone on the social security site and looked at the most popular names for any given year that goes way way back? It's really cool to see how they have evolved over the years.

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 4:38am
post #158 of 175

I support the bakery that refused the order....
The parents are the big morons, not the bakery. I wonder if they are a family of Nazis. Sounds like they are war criminals. usaribbon.gif

kimster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimster Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 9:34pm
post #159 of 175

These parents just had their children removed from the home by family services.

You can see the story here http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28655143/?GT1=43001

At least someone is looking out for the best interest of these children.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 10:15pm
post #160 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer1

I mean my Pop used to work for a guy named Adolf. I mean Adolf is not a bad name per se. Adolf Hitler is a horrible nightmare name.

And have you ever gone on the social security site and looked at the most popular names for any given year that goes way way back? It's really cool to see how they have evolved over the years.

Adolf itself is just a name. I know a Black guy named Adolf. It's when you add Hitler that it's a problem.

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 10:41pm
post #161 of 175

Here's a followup on foxnews.com's homepage

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479904,00.html

Lovebug20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovebug20 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:01pm
post #162 of 175

I really feel sorry for that poor child. I can understand why the parents would be upset, but what did they expect naming their child that and then asking the store to put his full name on the cake when a simple "Happy Birthday Adolf" would have sufficed. If I was the manager or owner of that store I would have done the same thing and I would have supported whichever staff members decision it was to say, no I'm sorry we won't do that.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:15pm
post #163 of 175

I just heard this on the news. Yes, these parents are disgusting "human" beings, are are what I would call white trash. But, what right does the state have to take away a child over a name? NONE! You can name your child whatever you want. Look at Nicholas Cage-his kid's name is Pilot Inspektor. That is a terrible name, but nothing you can remove the child for.

Was there any physical or sexual abuse? Any drug usage in the home? Any neglect? CPS is overloaded with real cases of sexual abuse, physical abuse, meth head parents. Why are they wasting time on a kid with a bad name?

You all need to realize that if your child can be taken away for a name, they can be taken away for just about anything. I think this is a violation of rights, and who knows what else they will start taking kids away for.

kimster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimster Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:42pm
post #164 of 175

I don't think they just took the kids away over a name. I think there should be a law that says idiots can't breed, but then, that's pandora's box we'd be opening.

All we can do is trust someone is looking out for these kids now.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:42pm
post #165 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

I But, what right does the state have to take away a child over a name? NONE! You can name your child whatever you want. Look at Nicholas Cage-his kid's name is Pilot Inspektor. That is a terrible name, but nothing you can remove the child for.

Was there any physical or sexual abuse? Any drug usage in the home? Any neglect? CPS is overloaded with real cases of sexual abuse, physical abuse, meth head parents. Why are they wasting time on a kid with a bad name?

You all need to realize that if your child can be taken away for a name, they can be taken away for just about anything. I think this is a violation of rights, and who knows what else they will start taking kids away for.

They just said on the news that the name had nothing to do with it.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 12:13am
post #166 of 175

Wow, this is a sad case...I can imagine what those kids will go through in school.
Believe it or not, in my country (Mexico) you can NOT give your kids an odd or a nick name. The name has to be a 'legal/proper name' meaning that it should be Robert not Rob....Rosa not Rosie and so forth. If you come up with something like 'Pilot Inspektor' they won't allow you and you'll have to pick from a list of proper names.

Pitchers_Bakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pitchers_Bakery Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 4:44am
post #167 of 175

I think i would have said we can put adolf but not hitler, if they could at least come to that agreement then everything would be solved. I agree dumb name, but if thats what they chose thats what they chose (lets not forget the celebrities these days are naming kids after fruits and sh*t) ok well i say should have come to agreement on just adolf and maybe just a simple plain cake that yes they could purchase icing and add the inscription themselves. kind of sad. I worked at babies r us for years and whenever i had issues like this where i couldn't do something the way a customer wanted it i found an alternative for them... everyone was happy!

Honeychild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeychild Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 7:48am
post #168 of 175

These parents are obviously troublemakers. Shame on them for subjecting their innocent child to their racist beliefs so directly. What morons! Hopefully this child will rise above his parents demented obsession. And good point made about putting the entire name on a cake, who does that? They are just trying to stir sh*t.

mybestfriend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mybestfriend Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:00pm
post #169 of 175

MSNBC is the home page on my computer. Yesterday they had a story about the three children in this family being removed from the home by the state. No reason made public at the time.

anivair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anivair Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:18pm
post #170 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybestfriend

MSNBC is the home page on my computer. Yesterday they had a story about the three children in this family being removed from the home by the state. No reason made public at the time.

Probably for the best. My guess is that anyone who thinks that Adolph Hitler is the best possible name for a child is not making any other good decisions either.

And honestly, I don't think it has to do with ideology. You can love the guy, for all I care, but naming your child after one of the most hated men in world history is probably a bad call.

that said: I'd have done the cake. What people want on a cake is none of my business.

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 5:37pm
post #171 of 175

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28646248

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 8:23pm
post #172 of 175

I think it probably had to do with something else, that got dragged into the spotlight when the store refused to put his name on a cake.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 1:03am
post #173 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Believe it or not, in my country (Mexico) you can NOT give your kids an odd or a nick name. The name has to be a 'legal/proper name' meaning that it should be Robert not Rob....Rosa not Rosie and so forth. If you come up with something like 'Pilot Inspektor' they won't allow you and you'll have to pick from a list of proper names.

So presumably Fifi Trixibelle, Peaches, Pixie and Heavenly Hiraani Tigerlily wouldn't go down too well there?!
Link for anyone not familiar with Sir Bob Geldof and his interestingly-named offspring.
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/peaches%20geldof%20calls%20for%20end%20to%20silly%20names

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 1:44am
post #174 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbsCookies

So presumably Fifi Trixibelle, Peaches, Pixie and Heavenly Hiraani Tigerlily wouldn't go down too well there?![/quote]
Nope icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
I once read in the paper that a couple were send home with a 'nameless' child and were told to come back when they could think of a 'proper' name for their baby LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif can't remember what name they picked, but it was strange icon_confused.gif

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 8:31pm
post #175 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarezmom

I to saw this the other night and was "jar-dropped" by this story. !

Wow!!! That is too funny!!! Is that like "mind-bottling"? icon_confused.gif

One of our good friends who passed away a year and a half ago escaped two different camps because he and his friends were hiding a good friend of theirs who was Jewish. But lets not forget that not only 6 million Jews were killed, but 20 million people all together. We focus on the 6million figure, but really anyone was up for a camp. Polish, Ukrainian, Religious, Black, Dark skin of any description, and anyone that some one didn't like and could suggest that they maybe should be on a train. 20 million.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%