Would You Refuse This Order? A Bit Controversial

Lounge By FeGe_Cakes Updated 21 Jan 2009 , 8:31pm by mommyle

KeltoKel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KeltoKel Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 12:57am
post #91 of 175

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081217/ap_on_fe_st/odd_hitler_cake

Ok, this story made Yahoo news and this article paints a different picture of the family. Mixed races at the birthday party, they hang out with "black people"? Give me a break. How do you name your child "Hitler" and "Aryan Nation" and not call yourself a racist?

Ok, now we know that these people are not just ignorant, they are just plain stupid - and they think other people are just as stupid as them! His excuse of people "living in the past" just makes him a complete a$$. This shows he doesn't want to recognize history and the meaning of names like Adolf and Hinler.

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 12:59am
post #92 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

It's a shame what parents do to their children. I hope all of their kids end up gay and marrying jewish people of ethnic descent.

LOL...Me too. The are very cute kids, and these children are not their parents. Hopefully a kind breeze will carry these cute, little leaves far, far, far from this tree.

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 1:10am
post #93 of 175

I would never make that cake. In this case, a name is not just a name. When you see the pictures of the swastikas tattooed on his arm it is obvious this guy is full of hatred.

In the yahoo article they try to portray themselves in a completely different light. I think they should post some pictures of his tattoos.. or talk about the stickers that adorned his car before the police interveened.

These people make me sick.

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 1:24am
post #94 of 175

What a sad situation.....

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 1:34am
post #95 of 175

I don't know...I think they're too ignorant to be carrying their own hate....I think the parents are carrying someone else's anger 'cause they ain't got nothin' to stand for for themselves KWIM?

I bet they couldn't tell you the significance of those names other than maybe...."ah hayell...lemme tell you wut. Hitler, see...he wuz the mayan! you know, don't you watch the histry channel? dang, check out yer histry books! they'll tell ya!"

I think someone has convinced them that the government owes them something and they better get it before someone else does and blah blah blah ...maybe naming their kids those names could somehow initiate them to the haters club....make 'em offishul...ya know.

(I got the eeby jeebies when I looked in the background of the photo that was initially shared and seen the little cola bottles as nic nacs...next time I hit Sam's I'll buy a case and spread out a few for ornamentation)

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 4:27am
post #96 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

I bet they couldn't tell you the significance of those names other than maybe...."ah hayell...lemme tell you wut. Hitler, see...he wuz the mayan! you know, don't you watch the histry channel? dang, check out yer histry books! they'll tell ya!"

I think someone has convinced them that the government owes them something and they better get it before someone else does and blah blah blah ...maybe naming their kids those names could somehow initiate them to the haters club....make 'em offishul...ya know.

(I got the eeby jeebies when I looked in the background of the photo that was initially shared and seen the little cola bottles as nic nacs...next time I hit Sam's I'll buy a case and spread out a few for ornamentation)

You almost made me spit, I laughed so hard at you! You are crazy funny, you know that?

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 4:36am
post #97 of 175

all4cake, you have me reading your posts out loud. You're a nut. I love it. icon_lol.gif

OK, that yahoo article...he is so full of sh*t. They're so shocked at the controversy it's caused? You picked the name because nobody else in the world would have it? Mmhmm. Kick rocks. I hope they don't get anymore interviews.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:09am
post #98 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

I don't know...I think they're too ignorant to be carrying their own hate....I think the parents are carrying someone else's anger 'cause they ain't got nothin' to stand for for themselves KWIM?

That is what I don't get and makes it all the more twisted. If in the interview they were proudly "white power" etc it would make sense. But, they are trying to act like they are accepting and aren't racist. So what is the point? You are abusing your children for what? Something you really don't even believe in? I just don't get it.

I think their names are child abuse. I think their environment is abuse. They should be removed from the home. That may be harsh, but I don't see this any different than beating or neglecting your child. It's just as emotionally damaging.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:35am
post #99 of 175

unfortunately they would have gotten none of the attention they are seeking if they just made the cake, and didn't act shocked or appaulled at all...just acted like it was "joe smith"

immature people are always looking for shock value, i had these kids come in and want a skull and crossbones cake for their baby's first birthday...i made it, while i was taking the order they were gleefully talking about how mad and shocked their family was gonna be.

i'm thinking the kids are gonna prolly rebel against their parents.....did ya'll know the lady who had prayer banned from schools...(what was her name . o'hare)...anyhoo....her kid is a preacher of the gospel now....guess that was bound to happen.
as many prayers that are going out over these kids....they'll be ok.

oh, and i'd make the cake....cute lil kid....

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 1:14pm
post #100 of 175

The sad thing is that the kids will probably grow up to be just like their parents. Maybe not, but probably. You take a child with promise (and I think every child has promise) and you basically throw it all away because you purposely want to jerk people's chains. These parents knew exactly what they were doing, and did it with relish, when they named their kids.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 3:14pm
post #101 of 175

thumbs_up.gif

I just read through all seven pages and I have never been more proud to be part of this group. Now, if we could discuss ALL semi- to full on- controversial subjects (you know, like mix vs. scratch) in such a civilized and calm manner, Cake Central would just about be Utopia.....

icon_wink.gif

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 3:45pm
post #102 of 175

A few name suggestions should these lovely people have more children:
-Jeffrey Dahmer
-Charles Manson,(Charlie for short)
-Ted Bundy
-Rasputin
-Mussolini
-David Koresh
-oh an dont forget Saddam Hussein

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 4:47pm
post #103 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle_75

thumbs_up.gif

I just read through all seven pages and I have never been more proud to be part of this group. Now, if we could discuss ALL semi- to full on- controversial subjects (you know, like mix vs. scratch) in such a civilized and calm manner, Cake Central would just about be Utopia.....

icon_wink.gif

I couldn't agree with you more. thumbs_up.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:01pm
post #104 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeGe_Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle_75

thumbs_up.gif

icon_wink.gif

I couldn't agree with you more. thumbs_up.gif

I love a good controversy too though.

And then how often do you think we sometimes read the wrong 'body language' into some statements.

'Course I think you're referencing the times we put the middle finger references in there oops.

And what a hoot that ingredients could stir such passion huh? We are truly a blessed society/world where we can hold such diverse views over minutiae and battle it out over them.

icon_lol.gif Put your dukes up icon_lol.gif

Wing-Ding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wing-Ding Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:08pm
post #105 of 175

I'm sure someone has said this before, but I guess I'm going to repeat the same thing.

I've never heard of anyone putting their child's full name on a cake and it sounds like they deliberately did it to gain attention, or to find a reason to sue. I fell horribly for those kids. The parents say that they aren't racist and they do not care whether or not the kids are hanging out with people of other races, but in their current home environment, how could any kid NOT grow up to be a racist?

I'm not sure if I would have refused the cake or not. More than likely, I would have encouraged them in a non-offending way (hopefully) to just put the child's first name on the cake and leave it at that. If they would have refused then, I most likely would have refused to create it since they were just looking for attention. I would keep in mind that this is for a 3 year old child and not the Fuhrer himself.

Wing-Ding Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:15pm
post #106 of 175

By the way, for those who don't know, the swastika is actually an ancient Tibetan symbol for peace (and to keep evil spirits away). It's unfortunate that everyone recognizes it as a symbol for the horrible events that happened during WWII and the man who exploited the symbol.

They still use it in India and Tibet to this day. I would never mistaken them as Hitler supporters, however.

-K8memphis Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:19pm
post #107 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing-Ding

... I most likely would have refused to create it since they were just looking for attention. I would keep in mind that this is for a 3 year old child and not the Fuhrer himself.

Interesting way to put it. Because it is & isn't for the Fuhrer huh.

Did not know that about Tibet. The swastika just brings on bad bad feelings wherever I/we see it. Creepy.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:22pm
post #108 of 175

The Hiding Place was also made into a movie with Julie Harris. I've seen it many times and would love to won it. Look for it at the library. Wonderful movie. I feel sorry for the children growing up with those names. I'd guess the parents are are getting what they want, attention. I would hope the local media would let this drop. I wouldn't care to strike up a business association with these parents. I think it would only lead to more orders I wouldn't want my name connected with.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:24pm
post #109 of 175

I don't understand WHY the parents would name their child something that represents evil. Perhaps if it HAPPENED to be a family name or something, maybe. I think they are deliberately looking for attention or shock value. Why not just have a cake "Happy birthday Adlof" I personally wouldnt do the cake either. I don't think I would want to have a customer like that in the first place. I would back up the store to not do a cake that they deem inappropriate.

-K8memphis Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:30pm
post #110 of 175

A child's name is a gift from their parents. As much as we should all be open minded we know we all totally stereotype.

Like if Mr. & Mrs. Ranger name thier boy Forest--it's gonna draw a smile or a snicker alllll his life plus the confusion. This is ignorance. And those parents have time released nuclear ignorance on steroids. It's a sad shame.

Wing-Ding Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:30pm
post #111 of 175
Quote:
Quote:

The swastika just brings on bad bad feelings wherever I/we see it. Creepy.

I understand for sure. Years ago, I received some Hindi/Buddhist stickers from a friend in India and one of them had Ganesha on it. I stuck this one on my car. A couple of weeks later, I saw someone looking at it and then he called me a Nazi. I thought "How could someone call me a Nazi looking at a Buddhist sticker?" That's when I saw the tiny swastika in the middle. I knew what it meant, and felt sorry for the guy who had to call me a Nazi instead of asking me what it meant and why it was on that sticker. Being of mixed races, I've definitely had my fill of being discriminated against, but it was even more disturbing to be called a "racist".

-K8memphis Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:33pm
post #112 of 175
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

The swastika just brings on bad bad feelings wherever I/we see it. Creepy.

I understand for sure. Years ago, I received some Hindi/Buddhist stickers from a friend in India and one of them had Ganesha on it. I stuck this one on my car. A couple of weeks later, I saw someone looking at it and then he called me a Nazi. I thought "How could someone call me a Nazi looking at a Buddhist sticker?" That's when I saw the tiny swastika in the middle. I knew what it meant, and felt sorry for the guy who had to call me a Nazi instead of asking me what it meant and why it was on that sticker. Being of mixed races, I've definitely had my fill of being discriminated against, but it was even more disturbing to be called a "racist".

For sure for sure for sure. I gotcha. But...stuff means stuff huh.
What did you do with your sticker?

Wing-Ding Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:39pm
post #113 of 175
Quote:
Quote:

What did you do with your sticker?

I kept it on my car. It took me 3-4 minutes to find the swastika on the sticker myself. This guy must have been really analyzing the thing to have noticed it. It's a pretty ornate sticker and everything else grabs attention before it. I've actually received a lot of compliments on it because it was such a beautiful sticker. Only with a couple of people who knew me did I point out the swastika. We had a great laugh.

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:42pm
post #114 of 175

Wing-Ding.. Yes I know it's an ancient symbol of peace. The sad thing is, it is not used in this manner, and I am pretty positive that these individuals have no clue of any other meaning for this symbol, besides it being attributed to Hitler. I think it is forever ingrained in the public's mind that the symbol represents hates, therefore unless it is used in context to its orgin, it's safe to assume it is a reference of hate. It's kind of like how 'ghetto' was originally used to refer to the Venetian Ghetto in Venice, Italy where Jews were forced to live, yet now it has a completely different meaning in peoples eyes.

I feel badly for the children in that house. The only things I feel their parents will teach them is ignorance. Such a shame.

IloveEmmaCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IloveEmmaCakes Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:44pm
post #115 of 175

I just saw this on the view.. And if anybody saw it I agree with Elisabeth!! It's SO wrong on so many levels to name your son Adolf Hitler just so YOU as the parent can make a statement!! Not to mention they named their daughter a NAZI name as well.

Personally I wouldn't write Adolf Hitler on a bday cake either.. The dad also wanted the Nazi symbol..

what a joke!

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:51pm
post #116 of 175
Quote:

By the way, for those who don't know, the swastika is actually an ancient Tibetan symbol for peace (and to keep evil spirits away). It's unfortunate that everyone recognizes it as a symbol for the horrible events that happened during WWII and the man who exploited the symbol.

They still use it in India and Tibet to this day. I would never mistaken them as Hitler supporters, however.

A co-worker of mine was given a banner with the Tibetan symbols..but if my memory serves me correctly they are slightly different. Maybe upside-down..or inverted. Something like that.

Wing-Ding Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:53pm
post #117 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandrabill

Wing-Ding.. Yes I know it's an ancient symbol of peace. The sad thing is, it is not used in this manner, and I am pretty positive that these individuals have no clue of any other meaning for this symbol, besides it being attributed to Hitler. I think it is forever ingrained in the public's mind that the symbol represents hates, therefore unless it is used in context to its orgin, it's safe to assume it is a reference of hate. It's kind of like how 'ghetto' was originally used to refer to the Venetian Ghetto in Venice, Italy where Jews were forced to live, yet now it has a completely different meaning in peoples eyes.

Don't worry, I think it's sad that the swastika has been exploited in this manner. For many years, I thought it was a symbol of hate as well, until I was fortunate enough to travel to India. I found the symbol there and asked about it. I did more research when I returned to the states. I am fully aware that not everyone has the opportunity to travel and even more aware that not everyone would research such a thing. I've always been the more curious out of my friends and family and love to research everything.

Great reference for the word, "ghetto", but the word is still used in the same context, just not with a particular religion. The ghettos in WWII were poorly kept, neglected areas of town where they put the Jews because they figured they were expendable and could be policed better. Ghettos nowadays are still poorly kept and neglected areas, just not for rounding up Jews. One sharp contrast, other than demographics, is that the people who live in the ghettos now have all the means and rights to clean up their areas and keep them that way, but choose not to. The Jews didn't have this.

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:56pm
post #118 of 175

Great! The story is all over the news now.
The moron father insists hes not racist and hes not raising his child to do what Hitler did...wait a minute.I thought he says the holocaust never happenedwth?!!! icon_mad.gif
Where is child protection when you need them? icon_confused.gif

Wing-Ding Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:57pm
post #119 of 175
Quote:
Quote:

A co-worker of mine was given a banner with the Tibetan symbols..but if my memory serves me correctly they are slighltly different. Maybe upside-down..or inverted. Something like that.

I think it's a reverse (mirror) image. Thanks for the reminder! I had forgotten.

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 6:09pm
post #120 of 175

This story has now made it on to foxnews.com.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%