Would You Refuse This Order? A Bit Controversial

Lounge By FeGe_Cakes Updated 21 Jan 2009 , 8:31pm by mommyle

fidos_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fidos_mom Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 9:16am
post #61 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

I have a Puerto Rican mother, a black father, a homosexual brother, a South Korean step-father, and a Jewish brother-in-law...my family is the epitomy of tolerance. I just pray I demonstrate that at all times in front of my children because no matter how much I say I'm not a racist, bigot, or whatever, one wrong off-color (no pun intended) joke or stereotypical statement can negate all of that in their eyes.

Anyway, could you imagine what this world would be like if we were all the same? Sure we'd have loads of awesome cakes, but how boring would it be?

**** I would love to see a birthday cake for this child... with your family as little 3D figurines holding the sign. And little stars of David as the handles. I can just imagine how cute it would be!! Simply adorable!! icon_biggrin.gif

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 9:21am
post #62 of 175

I think this is disgraceful. If people are going to do this to children and do it openly then it should be considered a form of child abuse.

It is imo an abuse of their minds imposed upon them by the stupidity of their parents.

One would wonder who was responsible for creating the two "parents" too!

Will these children also pass on their names and views to the next generation.

Goodness flourishes and badness breeds, this is a perfect example of what happens when kids are uneducated in morals, emotions and general education.

Then they have the audacity to complain about it and drag their kids through the media.

cakelady15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady15 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 11:31am
post #63 of 175

My family calls me by my first and middle name and they put that on everything including my birthday cakes so there are people that want their child's full name on a cake. With that being said, my name is not Adolf Hitler either icon_confused.gif I can't believe that these parents would name their child that. They are trying to get attention and they are harming their children in the process. I wouldn't be able to make this cake and even if they asked me to I would think it was a joke because I would never imagine that someone would name their child that. It's just terrible that they would put their children through that for the rest of their lives.

Galler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Galler Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 12:03pm
post #64 of 175

I just used the Shop Rites in Greenwich online form to thank them for not making the cake. http://www.shoprite.com/ContactUs.aspx Just to show my support.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 3:36pm
post #65 of 175

My hubby and I were just reading this article over the weekend. The family lives 10 mins from my house. Our concern was school. I'm sure Holland Elem School is meeting this week bracing for the day he enters public school. I'm sure the parents will call the other students racist if their children aren't invited on playdates or no one plays with them at recess. And I'm sure as he gets older, he'll get made fun of and likely beat up. My daughter is the same age as Adolf and if they choose to put their children through public school, they will go to High School together but with any luck they'll move away before then. I feel so sorry for the children because they didn't choose their names. If the parents really felt strongly about nazism, they should have changed their own names NOT their children's. They also had child services involved because they had nazi symbols on their cars, the state stepped in and said that it was child endangerment to have such symbols on their cars. And they're on full disability, the father can't "pump gas or landscape "because he has emphysema and the wife can't waitress because she has a bad back. That makes me sooooo ANGRY. Get another job! You lazy wads. maybe at WALMART!!!! I think that makes me most angry when people take advantage of the system. My husband and I work our asses off to take care of our kids and people like them get to sit at home all day and watch TV because of ridiculous ailments that at least the father likely brought on himself by smoking too much and honestly if the mother's back was so bad, how did she get through three pregnancies so close together with a bad back. I know I'm being judgemental on that point... but it really pisses me off. There are so many other jobs you can do, but it's easier to have the state pay for all of your expenses instead.

And NO I would not make the child's cake because the parents are merely looking for attention. Like others have said, who puts the full name on a cake?!? The only time I use my child's full name is when they're in big trouble! icon_lol.gif

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 5:48pm
post #66 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidos_mom

Quote:

I have a Puerto Rican mother, a black father, a homosexual brother, a South Korean step-father, and a Jewish brother-in-law...my family is the epitomy of tolerance. I just pray I demonstrate that at all times in front of my children because no matter how much I say I'm not a racist, bigot, or whatever, one wrong off-color (no pun intended) joke or stereotypical statement can negate all of that in their eyes.

Anyway, could you imagine what this world would be like if we were all the same? Sure we'd have loads of awesome cakes, but how boring would it be?

**** I would love to see a birthday cake for this child... with your family as little 3D figurines holding the sign. And little stars of David as the handles. I can just imagine how cute it would be!! Simply adorable!! icon_biggrin.gif

It's funny how people who know the diverse family I have watch what they say when they're around me. Even if I didn't have such a variety of people in my family, I'm very vocal about intolerance or discrimination. I think even the insinuation of racism or sexism or whatever-isim should be addressed quickly. My mom used to say, "Some people just don't know any better"- that's going to be those poor babies when they grow up. I just pray someone comes into their lives that helps them "see the light". I'm also praying that the children fall in love with an asian, a latino/a and an african american...the parents would poop their pants! LOL!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 6:29pm
post #67 of 175
Quote:

I'm also praying that the children fall in love with an asian, a latino/a and an african american...the parents would poop their pants! LOL!

No, no, no... little Adolf needs to fall in love with little Sally Greenberg down the block, and come home with the dreidel she gave him for Hanukkah and display it proudly on his dresser. That would teach the ignorant @sses.

People who are truly unable to work and need disability are often looked at like lazy slobs, users, or stupid people simply because of people like this that abuse it. In this case they are using disability like welfare so that they can spend their time raising miniature hate-mongers. My brother is engaged to a girl on disability, she can't work because of her shoulder... and yet, it doesn't stop her from going to Karaoke on the weekend and pounding down a few drinks. How does a bad shoulder stop someone from sitting at a desk answering the phone and taking messages? That's a respectable job. He has finally reached the point where he has told her she needs to get a job or he will not marry her. If they get married she apparently stops receiving her 'free' checks and he is not going to support someone who sits around. (Thank goodness he grew a pair, if you know what I mean!)

I am VERY German... I am only the second generation in my family born in the US, so I have strong German heritage, and I can tell you, I don't hate Jewish people. My great Uncle was a POW for 2 years, and no... usually people don't want to talk about those things. In all the years I knew him, he never once said a word about it. I always wanted to talk to him about it, but never wanted to upset him. Now it's too late and I wish I just would've pushed that button and let him get mad for a minute, then talk to me about it. This is how we learn to not let these things happen again, by remembering about them, and understanding how truly bad they were. If these two idiots had any real knowledge of what went on, or met someone who had lived through it, maybe it would change them. They either need to be given some tolerance or a beating, but frankly, I can't decide which they need more. icon_rolleyes.gif

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 6:51pm
post #68 of 175

Ignorant people like this don't deserve all the attention they are getting. I say, let's stop talking about them and discuss more buttercream!

Banana0501 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Banana0501 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 6:57pm
post #69 of 175

Freedom of Choice! These people (and I use the term loosely!) have made their choice. They have chosen to ostracize themselves from the world at large. Let them find someone within their own "community" (and it's out there!) to do their bidding. God bless the innocents of children and may our world be strong enough to show them a peace filled future.

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 7:06pm
post #70 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlayers

Ignorant people like this don't deserve all the attention they are getting. I say, let's stop talking about them and discuss more buttercream!

When we talk about it we educate ourselves. And we have received some very touching stories we did not know about some of our fellow CC'ers.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 7:11pm
post #71 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeGe_Cakes

Quote:

When we talk about it we educate ourselves. And we have received some very touching stories we did not know about some of our fellow CC'ers.

Ditto, and I'll add that there are some people who are CC'ers that may feel the same as these parents (yes, I know no one wants to believe that- but it's true). If we discuss this on this site maybe they'll begin to see things differently and while not affecting this family directly, we may be saving some other child from growing up in ignorance.

Don't stay quiet about dicrimination because it feels comfortable. Speak up and risk your discomfort to save someone else's dignity!

mcook1670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcook1670 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 7:19pm
post #72 of 175

Adolf hitler... what kinda of jackass names their son that.. what anti-christ was already taken. If I was the doctor and asked what name do you what on the birth cirtificate and they told me that i would be forced to clean their clocks

smitakasargod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smitakasargod Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 7:28pm
post #73 of 175

They had the right to name their kids whatever..(poor kids) but I reserve the right to refuse cake!!!

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 7:30pm
post #74 of 175

Right? What right? Along with rights in society, people also have responsibilities, and these folks have neglected theirs.

Speaking about rights, don't the kids have any?

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 7:45pm
post #75 of 175

While I agree that the kids will have a really hard time growing up and have to go through a lot of therapy, they probably will eventually disown their parents and be free thinkers. You can't force your beliefs on other people. I think it's child abuse what the parents are doing. They love their stupid cause more than they love their own kids. Even if they are racists, why would they want their kids to have such a hard life? It's so selfish! And other choice words...........

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 7:49pm
post #76 of 175

This is absolutely unbelievable. If the store had a policy to refuse any cake they deemed inappropriate then I would not do the cake. If no such policy existed, then I would fight to get one. I would not want them to be able to sue and get money to further the Aryan Nation. It's obvious that they were just looking for a fight.

I feel so sorry for those kids. It's funny that neither parent even works. Aren't racists always claiming that minorities are lazy and on welfare?

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 7:52pm
post #77 of 175

I would absolutely refuse to make a cake for them.

It sounds to me the parents need to use some of their free time to learn to bake cakes for their own children.

-Debbie B.

KeltoKel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KeltoKel Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 7:53pm
post #78 of 175

So sad for the kids! No different from the terrorists who educate young children to become terrorists themselves. It is all about hate.

On another note, Shop Rite had every right to deny making the cake. They are a private company and the family doesn't have a leg to stand on if they try to sue Shop Rite.

Sunbubbles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunbubbles Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 8:01pm
post #79 of 175

Its so sad to see the way that people still live and it really breaks my heart.
There is no way that I would've done that cake!

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 8:02pm
post #80 of 175

Ok, but I need to step in here. Shop Rite actually said that they would make the cake, and that the family could write on it what ever they wanted to, but that SR wasn't going to do the writing. They were willing to leave room for the family to pipe on their own writing. So the dumba$$ parents are too lazy to work, to google proper spelling AND too lazy to write their own kid's name on a cake. You know, there are some days I wonder why the hell I even bother...

sweetlayers Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 8:15pm
post #81 of 175
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ditto, and I'll add that there are some people who are CC'ers that may feel the same as these parents (yes, I know no one wants to believe that- but it's true). If we discuss this on this site maybe they'll begin to see things differently and while not affecting this family directly, we may be saving some other child from growing up in ignorance.

Don't stay quiet about dicrimination because it feels comfortable. Speak up and risk your discomfort to save someone else's dignity!

Hearing the touching stories of the histories and backgrounds of members is a good thing. However, we don't have to learn about it by continuing to reference this pitiful story and situation.

The fact is, the parents of these children want the attention they are getting and they simply don't deserve it. They, (the adults) are so selfish that they are casting a negative light on their poor children to put themselves in the spotlight to gain exposure.

All I'm saying is that if you are going to make a statement (be it good or bad) be man or woman enough to make it on your own. Don't use your kids.

And finally, when the media and the web pick up on stories like this and spread those stories, it gives a sense of power to this type of thought pattern. That is why I have suggested we not continue to discuss "their" story.

sweetlayers Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 8:16pm
post #82 of 175

Double Post

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 8:18pm
post #83 of 175

WOW! I thought I gave my girls a life of trouble by naming them boys names. My youngest daughters name is Rhian, pronounced Ryan, so she is always being called Rheeanne (sorry indydebi, that's one of those common names with a different spelling icon_lol.gif ) And sadly she doesn't have a bike plate either. I agree that some people shouldn't reproduce!!!!
Sadly these kids will probably grow up to be just like their parents, ignorant, lazy and racist.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 8:19pm
post #84 of 175

icon_redface.gif Double post

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 8:58pm
post #85 of 175

Those poor children They going to to grow up facing alot of unneeded problems. Through naming them, the parents are actually trying to prove a point. but please, not at the expense of the children! They deserve a b-day cake with balloons and presents. Well, look like mom has to pull out her trusty cake mix and bake them a birthday cake.

JillK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillK Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 9:09pm
post #86 of 175

[quote="sweetlayers"][quote="Tita9499"]

Quote:

And finally, when the media and the web pick up on stories like this and spread those stories, it gives a sense of power to this type of thought pattern. That is why I have suggested we not continue to discuss "their" story.

I'm sorry, but I work in a media field. This is a story. The media would be remiss to ignore it. People need to know there are idiots like this out there and what they will try to get away with. Maybe they've tried to do things like this to other businesses. Knowledge is power.

Also, most media companies are businesses. As evidenced by the reaction here, there's a lot of interest in this. Ignoring it is shooting yourself in the foot.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 9:17pm
post #87 of 175

I saw a reference saying that Honzlynn was named after Heinrich Himmler.. apparently they can't spell the names of these hate mongers they idolize.. SHOCKER!!

I would have happily made a cake for little Adolf.. he's cute and deserves a birthday cake.. I wouldn't have spelled out his full name though. It's a shame what parents do to their children. I hope all of their kids end up gay and marrying jewish people of ethnic descent.

I can't understand ignorance like this.. hating people based on one aspect of their being.. be it skin color or religion or whatever. Heinous.

sweetlayers Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 9:25pm
post #88 of 175

[quote="JillK"][quote="sweetlayers"]

Quote:

Quote:

I'm sorry, but I work in a media field. This is a story. The media would be remiss to ignore it. People need to know there are idiots like this out there and what they will try to get away with. Maybe they've tried to do things like this to other businesses. Knowledge is power.

Also, most media companies are businesses. As evidenced by the reaction here, there's a lot of interest in this. Ignoring it is shooting yourself in the foot.

I too work in the media and have for more than 7 years. And I still hate promoting idiots. icon_biggrin.gif

thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 10:54pm
post #89 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamama

Maybe they meant Heinrich Himmler who was one of Hitler's top men- head of the SS and oversaw some of the concentration camps.
Whatever they meant, their intent is despicable and really really sad.

I found something that said that is who she is named after. They changed it some since they had a girl.

JanetBme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanetBme Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 12:15am
post #90 of 175

I feel sorry for the children-they are going to have a rough life-

however- a name is a name- and well- I think it is odd when people name their kid Jesus too...but it's a name- If I had the open slot- I'd do their cake- and well they want the full names they are above and beyond normal size- so fitting them on would be extra work- so I'd just do them- and charge $10 bucks each letter... icon_smile.gif)) that way it would be their choice to have the full names or not!!! It would definately NOT NOT NOT be a cake that I'd put on my website...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%