Any Decorators In Or Near Macon?

Decorating By bizatchgirl Updated 21 Dec 2008 , 12:37am by bizatchgirl

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 15

I've been sharing some of my pics with some co-workers in our Macon office. They are so in love with my cakes they want me to start making their special occasion cakes and shipping them out to Macon. I know from some previous threads that it's a PITA to ship. And the cost would have to be insane.

They think there are no decorators in their area that do the custom cakes. Now, we all know there are, they just haven't looked in the right places!

So, are there any wonderful decorators out there in the Macon area? If so, can you PM me your business name and number and I'll give you some referrals!!

Thank you.

14 replies
Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 1:29am
post #2 of 15

Macon.... AZ?

bizatchgirl Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:11am
post #3 of 15

Macon, Georgia. I realized my post didn't say and there could me more than one icon_redface.gif

Like the elusive Springfield in The Simpsons icon_biggrin.gif

Jenn123 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:13am
post #4 of 15

I chose it thinking GA, but you never know. I'm about 2 hours away. Probably not worth the trip.

bizatchgirl Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:22am
post #5 of 15

How far are you from Duluth? Is that really close to Macon? For some reason, our office is referred to as Macon, and their address is Macon, but I'm told it's really Duluth. At least I think that's what I was told!

Jenn123 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:28am
post #6 of 15

Hmmm, Duluth is North of Atlanta and Macon is way South... I don't know. I'm South of Macon, so that's even worse! I would think they could find a lot of good choices that close to Atlanta.

bizatchgirl Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:34am
post #7 of 15

I know, you would think any big city would have tons of specialty stores. One girl said they have nothing like it in their area. I wonder if she's just not aware of anything. Or, maybe she's seen a store window full of wedding cakes and not asked about party cakes? Or not even stepped in at all?

I'm still hoping someone else will reply! I'll feel better if I can give her a 'personal' referal. They seem to really, really want me to ship cakes to them and that's just not practical, and I think they have no idea how much that would cost in shipping alone!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:42am
post #8 of 15

there's a CCer in macon, ga....geez...i'm thinking her avatar is of someone holding a chihuahua...

my uncle's grandaughter was married earlier this year in macon. when I delivered her cake, a woman of graduated years said that she lived there her entire life and she used to make cakes but not so much anymore and that no one does it around there. I don't think she was 'in touch', because there were several CCers in or around the area seemingly doing plenty of business.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:53am
post #9 of 15
sweetpea5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea5 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 3:10am
post #10 of 15

I am west of Duluth, depends where in Duluth they are.
www.unforgettableweddingcakes.com

bizatchgirl Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 3:18am
post #11 of 15

Thanks so much all4cake! I PM'd Jibbies to get some more information from her.

Sweetpea5, I sent your web site to my work email so I can forward it to my friends. You have some wonderful stuff on your site. I think it's just the type of thing they are loking for in their area.

bizatchgirl Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 2:04am
post #12 of 15

Sweetpea5, I guess they are about 2 hours from you icon_cry.gif I am still hoping someone close replies. Haven't heard anything from Jubbies yet.

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 3:56am
post #13 of 15

Hey everyone, Jibbies here. I've been very busy the last couple of weeks and haven't even looked at CC, I open it up tonight and I'm being looked for, hehe, how fun!
How can I help?

Jibbies

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 4:15am
post #14 of 15

Yeah, FYI, I am North of Atlanta and have lived here all my life. Macon and Duluth are no where near each other, so that is a little weird that their address does that! Duluth is LOADED with bakeries and etc...whereas in Macon, you have slim pickins. But Jibbies should be able to help ya out! Just think Jibbies....a referral from the other coast...wow!

bizatchgirl Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 12:37am
post #15 of 15

Thanks all! And I must have been confused about the whole Macon /Duluth thing. Maybe we have two Ga offices and I didn't realize? Yes, I am going to put Jibbies in touch with them. She's the only person who's spoken up that's actually in Macon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%