Sugarveil On Gingerbread??!!!??

Baking By homemaluhia Updated 15 Dec 2008 , 10:32pm by homemaluhia

homemaluhia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
homemaluhia Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone used SugarVeil to decorate cookies? I was wondering if it sticks to the cookie directly or if you need to have icing on the cookie first. I'm thinking of using it for a gingerbread house. Thanks for any help!

3 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 4

If you are just intending on draping the piece on the cake, like where it will kind of hang there, then no. It will eventually settle down and mold itself. Now, this being winter, and mostly dry in areas, your piece may become really brittle, and once you put it where you want it....don't even touch it. You'll kind of figure out where you need to use "glue" (royal icing, or just some sugar veil itself) as you go. Just have something on hand to be prepared.

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 4

I bought Sugarveil last year and never used it. If it works on your cookie please post pictures as I would love to try it (why did I buy it if I'm not going to use it???). Thanks!

homemaluhia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
homemaluhia Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you for the input. I also emailed SugarVeil and they said:

"Yes, you can pipe SugarVeil directly onto cookies - it sticks to everything. You can also smooth it into "fabric" (see the "Decoredibles" section of our cake gallery at www.sugarveil.com for more information) which may be cut/punched with paper craft tools.
We've a few gingerbread cookies on the site, and shortly we will post our gingerbread house completely decorated with SugarVeil (inside and out - wallpaper, rugs, tree and trimmings, lace curtains, etc)."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%