Christmas Cake Ideas To Use Coffee Or Chocolate Fondant

Decorating By Someonesmommy Updated 15 Dec 2008 , 7:39pm by Someonesmommy

Someonesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Someonesmommy Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 3

I made a batch each of coffee and chocolate flavored fondant , now Im not sure what kind of cake to make that would taste good with those flavors.

Really not sure how to decorate it either. The coffee fondant is fairly dark and I'd like to make some kind of christmas design. What color should I use to dye it? I already tried to color a small piece red and it came out a dark "old beef meat color". LOL Not very visually appealing if you know what I mean.

You guys have been soooo helpful and your cakes look and sound so yummy, I know SOMEONE will be able to come up with something!

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays to you all. icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
knel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knel Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 3

How would it look to take one of those paper doilies and cut it to make it look like snowflakes, lay it on your cake and sprinkle powdered sugar on it? when you pull the doily up, the powdered sugar makes the snowflake design on the cake... That could be pretty with such contrasting colors...???

Someonesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Someonesmommy Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 3

Would the powdered sugar stick to the fondant well enough to be able to see the design?

How would a dark chocolate cake with caramel filling and icing with coffee flavored fondant taste?

It sounded good in my head, but will it be too many different flavors for it to taste yummy?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%