How Much Do You Think I Need...

Baking By mandifrye Updated 16 Dec 2008 , 1:58pm by mandifrye

mandifrye Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 3

to provide? I have a cookie order this week for base glazed cookies and colored fondant for the children to use as accents to decorate their own cookies. I was going to send three or four colors, but how much fondant should I send? I know the kids will use more than I would, so I want there to be enough.

Any thoughts or comments or TIPS, would be very helpful!

Thanks -

2 replies
GeminiRJ Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 12:51pm
post #2 of 3

Only you will be able to judge how much to send, as you are the only one who knows the size of the cookies and the number of kids participating. If it were me, I would figure out how much I would use, and then boost it by at least 25%.

When I had to provide an "educational" snack when my twins were in kindergarten, I made what amounts to a peanut butter dough. I rolled out the dough to what I thought the kids would do, and cut out shapes with the cutters I would be sending. (The cut-outs would then go on graham crackers). I made extra and sent it all with my boys. The snacks were a hit, so I must've guessed correctly!

Good luck!

mandifrye Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 1:58pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks - Just now, while reading your post, I realized that I hadn't provided enough info! The cookies are 3 in ornaments. The kids are just going to add fondant accents to create an individual piece of work! I was thinking that 25-30% more than I would use would be safe. I guess, we are at least in the same ballpark!

Thanks again -

Quote by @%username% on %date%