Wow Mmf!

Decorating By kandu001 Updated 16 Dec 2008 , 5:26am by Sugarflowers

kandu001 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:10am
post #1 of 10

Hi everyone! I just had to write to say I love MMF. I've only always made white chocolate fondant, which is very yummy, very much work, and very hard to work with. I've gotten annoyed with it recently and looked on CC for an alternative. I was torn between MMF and MFF, but I did not have the ingredients at home for MFF, so I went for the MMF and I have to say I LOVE IT!! It is so easy to use, tastes good, and super easy to make. Super cost effective too! Anyway, I just wanted to write this to rave about MMF!

9 replies
Frankyola Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:26am
post #2 of 10

I am glad you like MMF it is Yummy for sure, the best part is that the ingredients are so cheap and easy to work with ah! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Ronda's MMF it is amazing and Michele Foster's fondant the best ever (in my opinion.)

Franyia icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

kandu001 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:33am
post #3 of 10

Michele Foster's is next on my list to try to make. I just need to go get the ingredients. I read great things about it everywhere on this site!

Frankyola Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:37am
post #4 of 10

Michele Fosters Delicious Fondant

This is also in her cookbook "The Sugar Fix" that you can get through her website - along with other great recipes!

1/2 cup milk
3 packs gelatin (6 tsp - for reference in case you wanted to 1/2 the recipe)
1 cup corn syrup
3 Tbsp butter, unsalted
3 Tbsp glycerin
2 tsp vanilla (sometimes I use more)
dash salt
3-4 lb powdered sugar, sifted (at least once)

*note - all tablespoons and teaspoons are level, not heaped (had a question about this from another CC'er)

- combine milk and gelatin & allow to firm
- cook over double boiler until gelatin is dissolved
- add remaining ingredients(except sugar) & cook until butter is almost melted
- cool to lukewarm (I come back to it and stir periodically so it doesn't form a "skin" on the top or get clumpy)
- strain into mixer containing 2 lb powdered sugar (one bag)
- mix slowly until just combined
- use dough hook, add several more cups of sugar, & mix on low until combined
- continue to add sugar until it holds its shape on hook
- turn onto powdered sugar surface & knead
- wrap in oil painted plastic wrap and put in ziplock freezer bag
- let stand for 24 hours before using

I always coat my hands, counter, and rolling pin with shortening when I'm ready to use. I also have powdered sugar on hand to dust with if it seems sticky, to firm it up a little bit.

I had to do it a couple of times to be able to tell when I had added enough powdered sugar. If it is too stiff, I just add a tiny bit of water, and use more shortening on my hands/counter/rolling pin and that helps to add more moisture and flexibility. Be careful when it's mixing not to let it get too hard, or it will be difficult to work with and you'll have to do a lot of "adjusting" to get it the consistency you want it! I would rather it be too soft and be able to add more powdered sugar as I knead. ENJOY!!
Source: Michele Foster

kandu001 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:56am
post #5 of 10

Thanks for posting the recipe! I have everything at home, except the non-flavored gelatin and the glycerin. I'm going to try to get them sometime this week so I can give it a try. Do you think by hand or a KA is better for this recipe?

My_Edible_Art Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:58am
post #6 of 10

I'm so upset with Wilton foundant, cause the taste is bad! It's not
pleasant to chew and eat that ohh no! So I hope this MMF taste as good as you girls say! let's try!!! thanks

Frankyola Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:11am
post #7 of 10

Kandu001: I always make in my KA and never have problems.

My_Edible_Art: Once you try Ronda's or Michele Foster's fondant you'll never think about Wilton fondant thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif . (in my opinion)

My_Edible_Art Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:19am
post #8 of 10

Hey! Frannkyola!
I'm excited!!! LOL!!! bye bye Wilton's taste-less! LOL!!

kandu001 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 9:46pm
post #9 of 10

My_Edible_Art, It's not even that wilton's is taste-less, it's not even edible! It's SOOOO GROSS!!!!!!!!!! You will love MMF and I'm hoping we both love MFF! GL to you!

Sugarflowers Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 5:26am
post #10 of 10

Frankyola, thanks for posting the recipe. Thank you for the compliment on the cook book as well. It took me a little over a year to write and most of the recipes were in my head, so trying to get them into a usable form was harder than I thought. There are some things that I don't really measure. I had to go to the kitchen, make some of the recipes and find out how much of various things were actually being used!

Michele

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%