Please Share An Awesome Cut-Out Cookie Recipe

Baking By adonisthegreek1 Updated 15 Dec 2008 , 6:08pm by adonisthegreek1

adonisthegreek1 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 2:44am
post #1 of 4

I made snowflake cookie using the recipe link below. They held their shape extremely well, but weren't the best cookie I've ever tasted.

I've made the NFSC and it was OK, not spectacular.

I have made shortbread cutouts and they were very good. I was just hoping to find another recipe that also worked well, but I keep striking out.

Any recipes are greatly appreciated.

3 replies
GeminiRJ Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 1:03pm
post #2 of 4

If you are a chocolate fan like me, you might want to try this recipe:

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
3 oz. premelted baking chocolate
1 cup mini-chocolate chips

Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla, egg, and premelted baking chocolate and mix well. In a separate bowl, mx the flour and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture by thirds, mixing only until combined. Lay a sheet of waxed paper on your work surface and lightly dust with flour. Place a disk of dough onto the surface, and lightly dust with flour. Roll to 1/4" thickness and cut our your shapes. Transfer to cookie sheet (if the cookies stick to the paper, flip them over and peel off the paper). Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.

cookiemookie Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 1:54pm
post #3 of 4

The cinnamon spice cookie from Karen's Cookies website is really tasty. They remind me of the windmill cookies I loved as a child!

adonisthegreek1 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you both for the suggestions. I will give each a try.

Quote by @%username% on %date%