Did My Hubby Ruin The Royal Icing?

Decorating By FullHouse Updated 15 Dec 2008 , 1:08am by ChucKles

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 12:20am
post #1 of 5

I left it on the counter and ran out to take the kids to their activities. When I got home 2 1/2 hrs later and asked if he moved it, he said he was cleaning up for me and put all my icing in the fridge!!!! The RI was in piping bags, in a ziploc. Would the 2 hours or so in the fridge ruin it completely? I was planning on using it for small accents: mostly balls & garland on a ice cream cone Christmas Tree.

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 12:30am
post #2 of 5

Oh it's prolly fine. Test it a little.

I finally got my husband to help cleaning up. He tossed some important icing that was colored to match something else in progress. There's no way I could complain or I'd loose my new dishwasher. Agh!!! The devil is in the details (and the dishroom as the case was) icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 12:35am
post #3 of 5

Thanks. I thought it might be okay, but I'd hate to try it and ruin my trees. At least he helps icon_smile.gif, can't get too mad at that, and certainly don't want to fire the free cleaning crew. There was a HUGE mess I left behind in the kitchen which he cleaned for me, probably would have taken longer to clean than to whip up a new batch of RI. Now we've agreed, if it's cake related and edible he'll keep it where I left it (but still clean underneath icon_smile.gif.

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 12:35am
post #4 of 5

I've left my royal icing in the frig for days and it was fine. Sometimes it separates a bit, but if I stir it, it goes right back to normal.

ChucKles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChucKles Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 1:08am
post #5 of 5

I was taught to cover my royal with a piece of plastic wrap pressed down so it was touching the icing, put my lid on container and put it in the fridge. Just always give it a good beat before use and its always been fine!
keeps for a while too

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%