How To Paint This On The Cake??!!

Decorating By meliais Updated 15 Dec 2008 , 1:15am by meliais

meliais Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 12:08am
post #1 of 8

I want to make a guitar cake theme jonas brothers and camp rock.
But i dont know how to paint this.
Should i use a template or something, or just paint directly on the cake.
Is better with water or vodka,......
Any advice will be awesome, cake is for wednesday.
thanks everyone

7 replies
meliais Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 12:11am
post #2 of 8
msulli10 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 12:24am
post #3 of 8

You could try a frozen buttercream transfer. I did that with a KISS (Gene Simmons) cake and it came out pretty good. Otherwise paint it on a fondant covered cake. Use lemon extract instead of vodka or water. It seems to work better. Good luck.

nancyg Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 12:25am
post #4 of 8

I cant see the picture, but I usualllypaint directly on the cake...I always use vodka it dries really fast. Water stays sticky forever
Hope this helps

meliais Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 12:53am
post #5 of 8

i was thinking of using a jonas brothers face template, and paint it directly on the paper (on the template) and then, as fast as i can, transfer it on the cake, just to have an idea, and then make the details by hand on the cake......What do you think?

Also i was thinking of puting the template on the cake, and mark the faces with a tool on the fondat, just to make the shape........

...I dont know........

Malakin Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 1:04am
post #6 of 8

Neat cake. I would make templates of faces, put small toothpick holes or gently draw with food coloring pen the outlines on the cake, then paint in. I used to use Vodka for thinning, but believe it or not, I live in what they call a dry county and Vodka is technically illegal and hard to find, so I use lemon extract. Works great.

sweetcakes Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 1:07am
post #7 of 8

if you're good at drawing then do it directly on a fondant covered cake using food colouring and alcohol.

meliais Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 1:15am
post #8 of 8

thanks everyone!
Malakin, what a great idea! i will try this!
I am not good at drawing, s i think that if i have some lines to follow it will be better.
Wich is better vodka or lemon extract?
I have both at home......

Quote by @%username% on %date%