I Made Red Fondant Easily!!!

Decorating By Cathy26 Updated 14 Dec 2008 , 8:36pm by Cathy26

Cathy26 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 3

Ok, so last sunday i tried to make red fondant. i used normal red paste colour and it literally took me hours and hours of adding more and kneading even though i added colour to the liquid to make the icing. what i ended up with was red but it was a pinky red and it was so time consuming and took half a pot of colour.

I bought Sugarflair's extra strength red paste and just added a half teaspoon to the liquid before i made about 300g of fondant. it was instantly bright christmas red and i didnt even use all the liquid!!

really pleased. the whole thing from start to finish took about 15 minutes and i have a lovely ball of bright red fondant (to which i added CMC to make gumpaste) so i can make my first loopy bow for a christmas cake order!!

Don't know if you get sugarflair products in the US ( we dont have Wilton in UK) but this is really worth getting off ebay, etc.

Just had to share...it is possible to make red easily.....now if i could only master black - lol (actually they do a black extra strength paste also, il probably give it a go)

2 replies
majormichel Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 3

My Wilton instructor once told me to start with pink to make hot pink and then add red paste to get a nice red colour.

Cathy26 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 3

thats what i did last week. i made deep pink and then added more and more red but it just wasnt worth the hassle. this extra strength stuff is so much easier!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%