...and Then The Head Fell Off.

Decorating By jillmakescakes Updated 14 Dec 2008 , 9:38pm by Rosie2

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 8

I made a lovely unicorn cake for DH's co-worker, thank you CC'ers for inspiration. Very proud of my work, put it in a safe place for the night, went to bed. The next morning, DH is headed to our new bakery to do some work (remodeling) and I decide to show him my masterpiece only to find that the head has fallen completely off of the unicorn!!!! icon_eek.gif

This cake is supposed to be picked up in 4 hours!! I attempted to fix it, but no go, so I made different one, again with inspiration from CC'ers.

Here are the results:
LL
LL
LL

7 replies
ladybug76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug76 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 8

Ahh... I can't imagine how much your heart sunk when you opened the box to show your hubby!! ...but your 2nd cake was a great rebound!! Both cakes were great!!
~ Jaime

lvspaisley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvspaisley Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 8

They are both incredible. I can't imagine how you must have felt when you opened that box! Thank goodness you opened it BEFORE the recipient was to get it...

You did a heckuva job on the newest cake too...wow, I couldn't have pulled that off in four hours. Way to go!

Kristi

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 8

Both cakes were wonderful! Sorry the first one didn't work out

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsAB Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 8

Your cakes are terrific! And you did the second one in less than four hours?! Wow! icon_eek.gif Did you use a specific pan for the second cake?

hilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilly Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 9:05pm
post #6 of 8

Ah man that must have been devastating but you recovered amazingly, the second cake is just as pretty.

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 9:24pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks for all the positive cake vibes! I used an 8 inch round pan for the second one. I carved off a little bit for the shape of the unicorn. I was able to torte and fill the second cake.

Thanks again. It was pretty devasting to see the head gone, but it was also so funny looking.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 9:38pm
post #8 of 8

I'm so sorry that happened to you, but wow I'm impressed at your ability to come up with one as equally beautiful!! if that happenes to me I would probably just sit and cry icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%