...and Then The Head Fell Off.-- Sorry- Double Post

Decorating By jillmakescakes Updated 16 Dec 2008 , 3:57am by TexasSugar

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 5

I made a lovely unicorn cake for DH's co-worker, thank you CC'ers for inspiration. Very proud of my work, put it in a safe place for the night, went to bed. The next morning, DH is headed to our new bakery to do some work (remodeling) and I decide to show him my masterpiece only to find that the head has fallen completely off of the unicorn!!!! icon_eek.gif

This cake is supposed to be picked up in 4 hours!! I attempted to fix it, but no go, so I made different one, again with inspiration from CC'ers.

Here are the results:
LL
LL
LL

4 replies
tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 5

I'm soo sorry (((((hugs)))) great job in pulling it together though!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 5

Sorry about your cake, you did an amazing job putting another one together! It's really cute....so was the 1st one!

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 11:30pm
post #4 of 5

WOW, that came out great, sory to hear that the first one fell apart on you but great recovery!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 3:57am
post #5 of 5

Both cakes look great!

I've done several lamb cakes using the lamb cake pan. I'm guessing you used that pan or one similar. Something I have noticed with that pan is that the neck is very thin and doesn't hold up will with alot of icing on it. I've been known to skewer the heck of out the head and the necks to get the lamb cake to survive the trip to Easter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%