Anyone has a very very firm cheesecake recipe. please post it.
Appreciate your help
1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker crumbs
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
5 8oz packages softened cream cheese
2 egg yolks
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1/8 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup heavy cream
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
Mix the graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup sugar and the melted butter together. Press mixture into the bottom of one 9 or 10 inch springform pan.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, eggs and egg yolks. Mix until smooth. Add the remaing 1 3/4 cups sugar, the flour and the heavy cream. Blend until smooth.
I wrap the springform pan with heavy tin foil and bake in a waterbath.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes then turn temperature down to 200 degrees F and continue baking for 3 hours or until filling is set. Let cheese cake cool, then refrigerate. I just open the oven door and let it cool.
Thank you so much Karen
A cheesecake with flour will give you a sturdier cake. A CC with cornstarch will give you more of a custard type cake.
We created the following after taste-testing several:
Crust: 1 pkg graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 c sugar, 2/3 stick butter
Filling: 4 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese, 1 c sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 5 eggs, any fillings
1. Melt butter.
2. Mix graham crackers and sugar together.
3. Pour melted butter over mixture and combine.
4. Press into bottom of a sprayed springform pan.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
7. Add fillings.
8. Add eggs, one at a time.
9. Add vanilla extract.
10. Pour into springform pan.
11. Bake for 60-70 minutes.
12. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
13. Run knife around edges of cheesecake to prevent pulling.
14. Cover with plastic wrap.
15. Refrigerate overnight.
16. Remove from springform pan.
Paul & Peter