Petit Fours For Treat?

Decorating By Juds2323 Updated 14 Dec 2008 , 3:45am by sweetcakes

Juds2323 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 2:34am
post #1 of 6

I signed up to provide small cupcakes for my son's Pre-K class. I was thinking about doing Petit Fours instead. My mother thinks they are too adult for the kids. What do you think? I was considering tinting them a light blue and piping snowflakes or snowmen on them.

5 replies
fiddlesticks Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 2:46am
post #2 of 6

For me they would be a ton of work! Have you thought about mini cupcakes ?

adonisthegreek1 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 2:54am
post #3 of 6

My kids are 6 and 8 and the do not like petit fours. They do love almost any cupcake though. I think that's a better choice for kids. Mini cupcakes are quick, easy and delicious.

Juds2323 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 2:55am
post #4 of 6

I've been wanting to try them for a while. Was going to use this method: So not quite the traditional type with filling. Thought they might be less messy. Yet really cute. Just wasn't sure it if it would be not kiddie enough.

katwomen1up Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 3:06am
post #5 of 6

I have to agree those are too grown up for children, stick with the cupcakes they love'em.

sweetcakes Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 3:45am
post #6 of 6

I agree, petit fours are better for those that would appreciate all the hard work that they are. how about the cupcakes that have that little snowman on top made of marshmallows they are so cute. theres a picture in the galleries and the kiddos will love them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%