Candy Cane Oreos!!!

Baking By SueW Updated 15 Dec 2008 , 10:26pm by Peeverly

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 2:22am
post #1 of 19

I found a bag of them at Walmart and thought I'd try them just as a snack icon_biggrin.gif Well tonight I started my first batch of chocolate covered oreos and was having so much fun. I decided to throw in a few of the candy cane oreos to try instead of just the plain and OMG were they good!!! If you love Girls Scout thin mint cookies then dip these in chocolate and it takes the same icon_lol.gif Just had to share my cookie joy icon_biggrin.gif

18 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 2:28am
post #2 of 19

You know it's funny you should mention this, I just checked out Sugarshack's blog and these are one of the things she's making this season! icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 2:36am
post #3 of 19

Oh I made some also and they are just delicious, even without dipping them in extra choc they are yummy!
Im getting ready to make more, and yes Sugarshack's look so yummy you just want to reach in the computer and start eating them!
They have also been on sale at W.M for 2pks for $5.. I stocked up LOL!!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 2:37am
post #4 of 19

LOL, I just finished dipping mine tonight also! I bought a red and green plaid chocolate transfer for them and they look so darn cute! One of the easiest things in my cookie trays this year! LLLLLoooooVVVVeeee IT!

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 2:43am
post #5 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Oh I made some also and they are just delicious, even without dipping them in extra choc they are yummy!
Im getting ready to make more, and yes Sugarshack's look so yummy you just want to reach in the computer and start eating them!
They have also been on sale at W.M for 2pks for $5.. I stocked up LOL!!

I SOOOOOOOO am going to Walmart tomorrow to stock up, I am addicted to them. I can't believe Sugarshack is making them too. I have to go check out her website now icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 3:54am
post #6 of 19

weirkd.. I bought the red and white chco transfers, along with other xmas ones ...
SueW.. Yep get to W.M. and stack up !! And go to Sharons blog! Awesome delicious!!

weirkd Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 2:42pm
post #7 of 19

Yah, they come out soo cool looking, like you slaved all day over them! I bought some extras and might apply them to some of the other cookies Im making this year.

fiddlesticks Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 2:49pm
post #8 of 19

Sharon also shows decorated shortbread cookies on her blog that look yummy to ! I love short bread !
weirkd.. Thanks for the pm !

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 3:06pm
post #9 of 19

I havent tried the candy canes dipped yet, but I did do the pb dipped for Thanksgiving, and it was soooooo yummy!!

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 5:10pm
post #10 of 19

Better yet if you have a dollar general they too carry them and are cheaper!

weirkd Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 6:07pm
post #11 of 19

Also, if you dip regular pretzels in white chocolate and milk chocolate thats really awesome too! The salt and sweet....Yummmy!!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 5:35am
post #12 of 19

I love the Girl Scout thin mints, if the Candy Cane Oreos taste anything like them, I am going to have to try them out!

fiddlesticks Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 12:38pm
post #13 of 19

Susie53.. Then you better buy more then just 1 bag ! LOL!!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 1:31pm
post #14 of 19

fiddlesticks, I will....can't wait to try these out!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 1:31pm
post #15 of 19

Are the CandyCane Oreos all that different from the Cool Mint Oreos? I LOVE the Cool Mint, and I think you get more Oreos in that package than with the CandyCane Oreos.

weirkd Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:56pm
post #16 of 19

Boy Im gaining weight just reading this thread!! Straight to the hips!!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:04pm
post #17 of 19

yes they r different, and DEE-liteful! I have had mine for over a month now... well they didn't last that long, but I found them then. I thought about dipping them, but just hadn't, will now!

fiddlesticks Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 7:43pm
post #18 of 19

I Just bought a few more they are still on sale at W.M !
SugarBakerz.. Cute avatar!

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 10:26pm
post #19 of 19

I bought them last week and my daughter LOVES them!!! I tried one (too many points on weight watchers - Yikes!). I have the molds from Spinningleaf and I'm gonna try to dip (first time dipping for me!) Wish me luck. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%