Best Mmf Recipe?

Baking By Someonesmommy Updated 14 Dec 2008 , 7:45pm by GI

Someonesmommy Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 1:48am
post #1 of 5

Im going to be making another batch of MMF after my first try was a failure. Id like to know which recipe you all think tastes better and is easiest to work with.

Thanks in advance!

4 replies
GI Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 2:08am
post #2 of 5

Hi Welcome to CC! icon_biggrin.gif

I would try Flowergirlmn technique of making MMF. I've added 1/2 teasp of Lemon and a bit of Vanilla. I also add just a tad bit of (melted) salt to cut the sweetness, too.

The beginning of this thread is her recipe! The rest of the thread has tons of questions that are answered, too.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-521083-0-days0-orderasc-.html

Someonesmommy Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 2:33am
post #3 of 5

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

majormichel Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 2:45am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI

Hi Welcome to CC! icon_biggrin.gif

I would try Flowergirlmn technique of making MMF. I've added 1/2 teasp of Lemon and a bit of Vanilla. I also add just a tad bit of (melted) salt to cut the sweetness, too.

The beginning of this thread is her recipe! The rest of the thread has tons of questions that are answered, too.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-521083-0-days0-orderasc-.html

I was reading the post you suggested and when I reached to page 6, it says no more post exist. This post has at least 10 pages. What happen, to the rest of the post, helppppppp. I am on to making MMF, it sounds great.

GI Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 7:45pm
post #5 of 5

Oh shucks! The rest of that post must've gotten lost when CC crashed a few months ago. Lots of threads were deleted off and lost.

You know, if you just follow FlowerGirlMN's technique & her recipe on the first page of the post, you should be fine. The only think I did any diferent was to add a touch of salt to cut the sweetness, and just a touch of lemon or almond flavor. The rest of her way of making MMF is excellent.

I've done it several times and made it in about 7-8 minutes. Turns out great every time! I use a tupperware lid off the biggest "cake round" they have, too, and it cuts down on the mess/lumps etc., just like she states.

Good luck and you won't be sorry! MMF is way better than Wilton fondant. It has a "kid" taste to it, but I have had lots of adults that love it and just gobble it right down! (instead of the "peel off variety, heh heh" )

PM if you have any troubles! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%