Ouch My Back!!!just Finished Base Color On 11Doz Cookies.

Baking By sweetcravings Updated 15 Dec 2008 , 6:46pm by mija10417

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 15

icon_cry.gif Man oh man my middle back is aching badly right now. I've been working since around 10am and just finished up now. I baked up most of my christmas cookies yesterday and my goal was to put the base color on all of them today...mission complete! icon_biggrin.gif Tommore i will add the details and some of the white icing areas on the cookies. I wanted to give the dark colors a full night to dry before i added the white, i don't want bleeding. The whole process went pretty good, i was organized and had a plan so that definitely helped. 11 dozen cookies are alot of work indeed! Now i'm second thinking about making up more cookies in a week or so. I wanted to try out some new ornament cutters but i dunno if i have the energy.
These cookies will go to my son's teachers, neighbours, mailcarrier etc..
I hope they will like them.
DH was wonderful today..he kept my son out of my hair and let me work nonstop pretty much. He took him to a hockey game tonight so i think i'm gonna head out for some takeout, come home take a bath, and watch some tv....not interesting but definitely needed to soak my aching back.
I'll post pics when they are all done.
How's everyone's cookie baking/decorating going?? Must be getting busy right?
Have a great night everyone.

Suz

14 replies
kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 12:43am
post #2 of 15

i think it's just become a normal...what are you doing tonight.....cookies!! my back's ok, but in the morning my hand......oooowwww! good luck to all in finishing up on orders!!!

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 12:50am
post #3 of 15

Good for you! The max I've done at one time is 3 doz. and I was DONE! I don't think I could hack 11 doz.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 12:57am
post #4 of 15

I'm getting a lot of last minute cookie orders but thank goodness they are the choc chip and snickerdoodle kind! Last Thursday, in one day, I rec'd orders for 210 dz cookies due before Christmas ... then someone who rec'd some of these cookies liked them and placed a 9 dz order order to give to her customers, with a promise of a list of quantities/due dates to me by Monday.

If I had to make large batches of decorated cookies right now, I'd shoot myself! dunce.gif Some time ago, I had only 50 Hello Kitty cookies to do and it took me 5 hours and 4 Aleve's to get thru that one! 11 doz? Holy Moly! Forget going for take out ... Dominoes Delivers! icon_biggrin.gif

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 1:00am
post #5 of 15

I know how you feel!!!! I've done about 16 dozen cookies before at one time, but this is totally normal for where I work. (catering company) And I just happen to be the only there who will do cookies with royal icing...

riSHEL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
riSHEL Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 3:02am
post #6 of 15

icon_eek.gif OMG! You poor thing! I was asked by a friend to bake cookies for her wedding on New Years Eve. Instead of a cake, they are having a dessert bar. She wants me to do 100 decorated cookies, snickerdoodles, chocolate crinkles, mexican wedding cookies & heart shaped chocolate chip cookies. I'm not a pro like most of you, so I'm a tad nervous. I started cutting and baking today to freeze. Maybe I should stock up on Alieve and those back warm packs. Since you're already on a roll, you should come to Northern California and give a fellow CC'er a class on mass baking skills icon_biggrin.gif

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 2:23pm
post #7 of 15

the biggest order I've had happens to be my first...600 cookies...yellow submarines. I guess since I didn't run screaming, I was meant to do this...right?!? maybe I'm just crazy...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 3:28pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneadacookie

the biggest order I've had happens to be my first...600 cookies...yellow submarines. I guess since I didn't run screaming, I was meant to do this...right?!? maybe I'm just crazy...

Holy Back Ache, Batman! You ARE crazy!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 3:45pm
post #9 of 15

You just gave me an idea for my Christmas wish list: a deep tissue massage!! My manicurist is wonderful for arm, hand, wrist massages. After the holidays I don't want to hear the word "cookie" for a while! But isn't it funny how as soon as October rolls around again we get antsy to start updating our cookie recipes and cutter collection? Merry Christmas everyone!! ho, ho, cookie!

sweetcravings Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 2:04am
post #10 of 15

Well, i'm just about finished with the cookies. Figures i ran out of glitter for my snowflakes..only eight more mini ones to go..geesh. Not a big deal to finish, i will get more glitter in the morning. I've been working more or less nonstop since 11am. I'm pretty happy with the results.
Yet again, my upper back is kiling me..gonna take some motrin tonight for sure.

I'm glad i'm done most of my general cookie baking for the holidays. i didn't make too much since we don't entertain alot. Mostly for my mom's and mIL at their houses. I got some spinning leaf oreo molds and made up a few of them too. Love those molds,should've bought more.

kneadacookie...yikes 600cookies is ALOT! Better start working on them early to finish on time.

Rishel....if i was close i'd come help. ;0) Nothing better than baking with friends. Makes the time go faster. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Indydebi...man that's alot of orders! I dunno how you do it. On top of holiday shopping and your own personal baking it must get pretty crazy for you.

I figure i'm the crazy one right now...i could've just got the teachers gift certificates or something store bought right...but noooooo...i have to make cookies. I want to build up my portfolio so that i have more cookies to show for next christmas. I was planning on selling them this year but it just hasn't happened. I got too busy with other stuff to promote them and lets face it the economy is pretty bad right now. I don't think there are many people out there willing to pay good money for cookies, at least not around here. I am constantly running into people complaining about money. Oh well, i create my own craziness, but it feels good to see their reactions when they recieve them.

Have a great night. Off to bed.

Suz

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:56am
post #11 of 15

I'm with ya on the back thing.......just baked all the cookies needed to fill an order of 16 cookie bouquets for the end of this week. Tomorrow plan on base coating them...........pass me the Aleve PLEASE!!! icon_biggrin.gif

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:45am
post #12 of 15

my back is KILLING me too - I had a big cake (big for me!) and 3 doz cookies to do for delivery tonight - I just took some serious meds!

I have learned to take the Aleve BEFORE starting decorating and keep it coming as often as you can!

I am hitting the sack! good luck with the rest of your cookies!!

sweetcravings Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 2:09pm
post #13 of 15

Ok, so i'm glad it's not just me sufferring with back aches. Not that i want others to be sufferring too, it's just i was starting to think that it was abnormal. The part that hurts the most is the mid upper back, kinda where a bra strap would lay. I'm glad to say that it's not hurting this morning. Im still wicked tired, my son kept me up last night with tummy troubles and nightmares..by the time i got him settled i was fully awake..now it's 3;30am and i'm on the couch with the tv on..fall asleep somewhere around 5;00am...only to wake at 7;30am to get my son ready for school. So much for a qucik start to my day. I still haven't showered, and i'm not feeling like i have much energy. Thankfully i don't have much pressing to do today. Just a trip to costco, and michaels. Can you believe it crossed my mind to take out the next batch of frozen cookie dough this morning so that i could try out my ornament cutters....CRAZY, i know! Must be sleep deprivation.lol

Have a great day everyone.

Suzanne

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 6:35pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcravings

Can you believe it crossed my mind to take out the next batch of frozen cookie dough this morning so that i could try out my ornament cutters....CRAZY, i know! Must be sleep deprivation.lol

Have a great day everyone.

Suzanne

Not sleep deprivation...it's cookie obsession! I suffer from the same thing. I've never done that many cookies at one time before, but I can sympathize with the aches and pains. A massage sounds like a heavenly solution for you!

mija10417 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mija10417 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 6:46pm
post #15 of 15

I know how you feel...I just finished 200 decorated sugar cookies for an order this weekend. I can't believe I don't even get a break because now I have to start my christmas cookies to give out...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%