Please Help!!!

Decorating By sweetkisscakes Updated 14 Dec 2008 , 12:46am by sweetkisscakes

sweetkisscakes Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 4

I have a cake order due for tomorrow and it has to be done by tonight since i have to work early in the morning. I put the cake in the oven and when the buzzer went off half an hour latter I noticed it wasn't cooked at all barely. I'ts still batter just the top has set a little but if i poke it the batter comes off on my hand. My oven says it is 350 but when i put my thermometer in it it barely read 100. I took the pan out with my bare hands and it was barely warm!! If i take the cake to my dads house and bake it there would it be ok? I live in ny and it is very cold and snowy outside I am afraid that the extreme changes in temp might ruin it. please help I don't want to start over if i dont have to.

3 replies
psurrette Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 12:00am
post #2 of 4

I would go to your dads and start over. You can try to bake the cake but I bet if you try it wont cook good.

dmich Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 12:03am
post #3 of 4

Yes, I would start all over again at you dad's. You never know what has happened to the batter sitting in a barely warm oven. If it's cold, it will get nice and chilled on the way home. icon_smile.gif

sweetkisscakes Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 12:46am
post #4 of 4

thanks! i ended up being able to get the oven up and running again so i put the cake back in and it worked pretty well. It acctualy seems more fluffy lol. which is nice but idk about frosting

Quote by @%username% on %date%