Photos

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 14 Dec 2008 , 2:25am by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 10

I just received a pm that some of my photos are now being deleted because I can't post individual pics of my cookies, if I also post the bouquets they were in, along with other cookies I made. However, I have noticed there are several, and I mean, several others with duplicate photos, whether it be the same cake at the same angle or the same cake 5 degrees different, or individual cookies, and then all the same cookies on a platter, or bagged, or in a bouquet. In fact, there are two new photos on the home page right now that are multiple posts in their photos. What's the deal?

9 replies
kelleym Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 10

Why don't you PM the moderator back and ask?

TheCakerator Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 7:31pm
post #3 of 10

I did, and got no response.

kakeladi Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 10

It sometimes takes a day or two before they can respond.
The fact that there are some on the opening pg means the mods haven't gotten to check then out yet and it again might take a couple of days.

aligotmatt Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 10

I gather that it's not a lot of people working on it. One at a time, and it's your time, theirs will come.

jkeeler Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 8:10pm
post #6 of 10

I had seen posts on multiple photos before and can understand they need to keep the overall size of this site. Aligotmatt, like your answer--(I envision the photo police are coming to get 'ya one step at t time)... icon_wink.gif .

What I started doing because I have photo editing software (Photoshop) is put multiple views together in one photo so you can show close-ups, backs, fronts, details, etc. You may have already thought of this but if you want to see what I did you can look at http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1292551

TheCakerator Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 9:21pm
post #7 of 10

well they are deleting photos of mine that have been up for two to three years now. And over 100 people lost it as a favorite ... and repeatedly we have been told the amount of pictures on this site is NOT causing the site to bog down over and over and over again ..... it is just frustrating because I have counted in the double digits saved favorite photos of mine that are posted a few times from a single member, now if they delete those, I'm going to have to figure out a way of searching for them again in the galleries when half the time the search function button doesn't even work .. I guess I am just frustrated.

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 9:45pm
post #8 of 10

TheCakerator.. I know how you feel ! I had several of my photos deleted also a few months ago. Some had lots of fav,s and also very nice comments to. I asked about it and I was told that it will happen to everyone . Its just a matter of time. I was also told that if someone sees that you have photos that dont belong and they turn you in then it will happen to you quicker! I would never turn anyone in..whats the point of that ? Im sure everyone will get a turn so why rush it for someone else ? But I guess rules are rules and we have to follow them . I never got a notice of any kind saying my photos were being deleted.I started getting pm,s asking why I had removed them from different CC,ers that had them saved. Thats how I found out ..because its not like I check my photos to see whats still there !

Uniqueask Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 10:09pm
post #9 of 10

HI ALL,

I did see a thread but I don't remember where,(What Forum) that said that Photo's will be deleted, I saw it a couple of weeks ago. Jana K was right the thread did say to put multiple views, of the same pictures together. because if you have more than 1 view of the same picture they will be deleted, I cannot remember the reason for the deletion because I did not pay very much attention to it Reason being is thah I have not posted any pictures yet. So I hope this helps everyone and they start making changes before their pictures get deleted.

Allison

TheCakerator Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 2:25am
post #10 of 10

fiddlesticks, I am glad someone is seeing it from my point of view! I had a snowflake cake uploaded twice because I posted it in the galleries, and then entered it into a contest, because cake central would only let me post two different pics of the same cake. I couldn't post the same pic to two different galleries. Over 80+ people had saved that as a favorite, and that was posted almost over two years ago! Now it's gone ... I can't imagine being petty enough to sit here and pm every moderator and let them know who has double pics posted on their account ... just from the day I became a member on this site LOTS of stuff sure has changed, and not for the better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%