Cake Batter Cookies

Decorating By Niki2004 Updated 11 Jan 2009 , 4:33pm by 7yyrt

Niki2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niki2004 Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 4:25pm
post #1 of 15

Ok, I was at a baby shower and I had these amazing cookies! When I asked what they were the lady said just cake batter! So I wnt home and tried it.... they came out runny following the cake box, there is only 3-4 recipes here about these...Any one have any ideas on how I can make them more of a cookie batter?????

14 replies
MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 15

The Cake Doctor book has recipes, but you can find tons of "cake mix cookie" recipes by Googling it.

Here is the basic:
1 pkg cake mix
1/3 c liquid
4 T butter or oil
1 egg

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 11:55am
post #3 of 15

Here's a thread on cake mix cookies:
(With tons of recipes.)

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-592691-.html

HTH

lisa5573 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa5573 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 15

My Mom makes cake mix cookies and they are the BEST cookies I've ever had. Her cookies have cream cheese in them. They are very soft and smell like the "christmas cookie" yankee candle!

1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 pkg. (8 oz. ) cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. yellow cake mix

Cream butter and cream cheese. Blend in egg yolk and vanilla. Add dry cake mix 1/3 at a time, mixing well after each addition. If mixer is used, add last third of cake mix by hand. Cover and chill for 1 hour,
Preheat oven to 375*. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until light golden brown

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa5573

My Mom makes cake mix cookies and they are the BEST cookies I've ever had. Her cookies have cream cheese in them. They are very soft and smell like the "christmas cookie" yankee candle!

1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 pkg. (8 oz. ) cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. yellow cake mix

Cream butter and cream cheese. Blend in egg yolk and vanilla. Add dry cake mix 1/3 at a time, mixing well after each addition. If mixer is used, add last third of cake mix by hand. Cover and chill for 1 hour,
Preheat oven to 375*. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until light golden brown

Thanks so much for sharing Lisa5537!!! I do believe I have to make these, sound just yummy with the cream cheese in them. I like to make cake mix cookies because they are fast and the kids like them. icon_lol.gif

SHogg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHogg Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 11:42pm
post #6 of 15

lisa5573 I HAVE to try those cookies, they sound amazing! Thanks for sharing. icon_biggrin.gif

Niki2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niki2004 Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 12:30am
post #7 of 15

Thanks guys ! These were so helpful!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 12:48am
post #8 of 15

I love cake mix cookies !
lisa5573.. Those sound fantastic..I have to try these to! Thanks!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 1:25am
post #9 of 15

A number of my cookies start with a cake mix, but you don't make it NEAR the consistency of cake batter. Cake mix, shortening or butter, eggs and a little dab of water (2-3 Tbsp).

My daughters and my sister came to my shop Saturday for a family cookie baking day. for all the "fancy" cookies we made, the most well received one, among all of their friends that they shared cookies with, was the most simple cookie made from a cake mix!

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 4:12am
post #10 of 15

Thanks for sharing! Those sound so yummy and I'm a fan of "cake batter" anything (especially ice cream) so I can't wait to try these!

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 2:14am
post #11 of 15

I have never made "cake mix cookies" until this year. I made a bunch of cookies and one of them was an applesauce spice cookie. I shipped a box of cookies to my daughter in Alabama and she calls to tell me to make her some more of those apple raisin thinging cookies, those were her favorite cookies she has ever eaten. And she really does not like sweets and such.
Apple Sauce cookies
1 pkg. Spice cake mix
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup cooking oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1 egg

Mix all ingred. for 1 min with electic mixe, drop from teaspoon and bake on ungreased cookie sheet, Bake 350 degrees for 12 - 15 mins. 6 dozen

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 10:06pm
post #12 of 15

We tried the cake mix cookies and everyone liked them...
I have an 'apple cinnamon fat-free' muffin mix my mother in law didn't want. I have no idea what the difference is between the two.

Has anyone tried making cookies with a muffin mix?

lelescakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lelescakery Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 4:49am
post #13 of 15

i make cake cookies every year for christmas and get so many compliments.
the recipe is super easy.

1 box of whatever cake mix you prefer (i like devils food)
1 egg
1 container of cool whip.
------
Powdered sugar

mix the cake mix, egg, and cool whip together, it will be very sticky!
then take whatever size ball you want and roll in the powdered sugar.
bake and enjoy!
so easy!

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 3:33pm
post #14 of 15

Can I add a funny story to this thread?

At Christmas time my friend wanted me to go to a cookie exchange. I didn't want to go. Both my husband and Son had surgery that week and my daughter was supposed to. Too much on the plate and I was a little crabby and feeling sorry for myself. Anyhow long story short, I ended up going. I didn't feel like making "real" cookies, so I made the cake box ones. I made yellow cake mix. I just use 1/3 cup oil and 2 eggs.
I get them done and I said to my husband that they were ugly. So we decided to spinkle powdered sugar on them.

Now to the party. All of the women are sitting at tables eating and one woman says "who made the gooey butter cookies, they are to die for."
I looked around because I didn't have one of the gooey butter cookies and I wasn't going to miss out on something to die for! lol.

It was my cookie. I won the cookies exchange prize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me butt in. It was just funny to me, with my attitude that night that such a simple recipe could win and bring such a much needed laugh!!!!!!

Lu

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 4:33pm
post #15 of 15

When I made them, they looked like a crinkle-top cookie.
Do the recipes usually make a cookie that looks like that? Does anyone form them in other than a ball, or dress them up in any way (like a thumbprint cookie or something)?
I like to make several kinds for the meals on wheels, but want them to be obviously different in style.
--
You're not butting in, lu9129. Stories like these are nice to share.
I think the reason the cake mix cookies get such a good reception, is the fact they are soft. Now I love the NFSC because you can make cut out cookies and decorate them, but you have to admit sometimes you just want a lovely, soft, comforting cookie.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%