Strawberry Wasc

Decorating By tippyad Updated 13 Dec 2008 , 11:16pm by deetmar

tippyad Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone made a strawberry WASC? I'm looking for advise. I prefer to use fresh/frozen strawberries. No sugar added.

I do have a strawberry cake that I love, but I'm wanting to try something different. The WASC is the base of my other cakes like vanilla, chocolate, coconut, almond, spice...

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Tippyad

4 replies
sweetcakes Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 5

you can add a pkt of strawberry jello and 3 - 4oz of frozen strawberries, i like to dice mine small while still frozen and add to the wasc.

JodieF Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 5

To make strawberry WVSC (I never use almond), I puree a package of frozen strawberries and add enough water to make the 2 2/3 cups required in the recipe.

Jodie

tippyad Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcakes

you can add a pkt of strawberry jello and 3 - 4oz of frozen strawberries, i like to dice mine small while still frozen and add to the wasc.

My typical strawberry cake calls for a jello pkg. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks!

deetmar Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 11:16pm
post #5 of 5

I have done the WASC with fresh strawberries, and the strawberries turned brown. I wouldn't advise it.

Now I have made it using a strawberry cake mix, with strawberry extract, and not had any problems. Just problems with fresh strawberries. I don't know if it makes a difference if they are frozen. You would have to find out from someone else.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%