Mmf Question

Decorating By Charmed Updated 13 Dec 2008 , 6:36pm by Charmed

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 8:03am
post #1 of 4

How do you keep MMF from drying out? anytime I make a batch it becomes hard in a short time although I seal it and put it in a plastic container.Can you freeze it?

3 replies
katielb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katielb Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 10:34am
post #2 of 4

Charmed, I have never frozen mine as i dont find I need to.
I use a little spray oil on my hands and knead it into the fondant to soften it up or place it in the microwave for a few seconds - both these work for me every time icon_smile.gif

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 4

I actually just did my first thawing of frozen fondant. I coated the stuff with shortening, wrapped it very tightly in plastic wrap and two bags, and froze it for several weeks (maybe two months?). When I thawed it this week, I just put it in the fridge about three days ahead of time (not sure how much time you would actually need, since I did it way ahead and never checked it until I needed it). The consistency was absolutely perfect.
Severa CCers responded to my thawing post, when I asked how they thawed their fondant, and some of them did their thawing countertop. You can look up my post for their great suggestions, if you like ... "Defrosting fondant" from earlier this week. Good luck!

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 6:36pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you both for your replies. I wanted to make everything ahead of time so that the day I need fondant just thaw it. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%