Decorate Cake On Wednesday, Serve On Saturday?

Decorating By Ms_Cake_Lady Updated 18 Dec 2008 , 4:06am by Ms_Cake_Lady

Ms_Cake_Lady Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 2:00am
post #1 of 6

My hubby's co-worker needs a cake for 100 people the Saturday after Christmas. He told her I could do the cake but didn't know the date of the party. Problem is, we'll be back home for XMas, leaving on Wednesday and not getting home until Sunday! So, if I baked the cakes Tuesday night, and decorated on Wednesday, would the cake still taste and look good on Saturday? I'd really not like to cancel on her but not sure if this will work. It's my first non-family paying customer for a cake, so I'm totally excite icon_biggrin.gif

I'm thinking of a 2 tiered stacked cake, but could do a sheet cake if necessasry. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

5 replies
sari66 Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 2:11am
post #2 of 6

It'll be fine, as long as there's no filling that needs to be in the fridge!

jammjenks Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 4:03am
post #3 of 6

I have done it before with no problems.

indydebi Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 12:52am
post #4 of 6
Originally Posted by jammjenks

I have done it before with no problems.

same here.

stephaniescakenj Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:48am
post #5 of 6

it will be fine as long as you're not using anything perishable. I did a cake last sunday in a class, it was supposed to be eaten on thursday, party got pushed back to today, a week later. It was filled and crumb coated with IMBC and then covered in fondant. We're all still alive. icon_biggrin.gif I did leave it outside in the sunroom, covered tightly in 30 degree weather so I would recomend keeping it cold.

Ms_Cake_Lady Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 4:06am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the advise. I called the lady and told her that we'd be leaving town on Wednesdy and that I would still be willing to do the cake for her, and she was totally cool with it. So, I'm pumped. This is the first time I've been asked by a non-family member to make a cake for them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%