Help !!! Please

Decorating By hope1978 Updated 12 Dec 2008 , 10:48pm by jjkarm

hope1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hope1978 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 10:03pm
post #1 of 5

I need help how do I make gray fondant,
I'm mixing black color paste w/ white fondant and getting all colors of purple I don't need the color purple I need gray

Can anyone help maybe ??????

Thanks

4 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 5

Wow...I don't know why this is happening to you. I have made several shades of grey using black paste in white fondant successfully. I hope someone can answer this for you.

tonia3604 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonia3604 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 5

I know mixing several colors together gives you gray/black, but if you have purple already I would try adding a little brown first and see what you end up with. Keep adding different colors until you wind up with gray and then if it is too dark, add more white fondant until you get the shade of gray you need.

rachel-b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachel-b Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 10:21pm
post #4 of 5

I had the same problem. Lighting was a factor for me. Under the flouresent (sp?) kitchen light it looked purple; in my living room, it looked more grey. The longer it sat, the more grey it looked. I also had better results using a different brand (Kountry Kitchen) vs. Wilton.
HTH!

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 10:48pm
post #5 of 5

I made gray fondant for a cake. When I decorated it, it looked fine. But when I looked at it an hour later, it was definitely purple! icon_cry.gif I'd used Wilton black that time. I wonder if the Wilton brand has something to do with it. icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%