Need Ideas For A Nurse Cake!!

Baking By IloveEmmaCakes Updated 12 Dec 2008 , 9:09pm by IloveEmmaCakes

IloveEmmaCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IloveEmmaCakes Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 8

A friend of mine finally got the job she's been wanting for a while now. She's going to be a nurse and were having a big congrats party & dinner for her.. It's going to be next friday..

I offered to make the cake.. Any ideas? I've searched google but I haven't really seen anything that I LOVE.

Thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif

7 replies
MBHazel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBHazel Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 8

It has been a while, but I once did a cake for a nurse that was a half exposed bottom with a fondant blanket covering the other part and a fondant / gumpaste shot/needle.

Hazel

showersfamily4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
showersfamily4 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 8

It depends on the look you want. I did a retirement cake for a co-worker (I am a nurse) and fasioned a stethoscope out of fondant to add to it (it's in my photos). But overall the cake was not "nursey." Or you could make an assortment of nursing items: cap, syringe, pills, etc. Are you doing a sheet cake or a stacked cake? That would help with knowing how to design.

IloveEmmaCakes Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 8

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to make a sheet cake or a stacked cake.. I'm leaning more towards a stacked cake.. But maybe just one tier.. It only has to feed about 10 ppl.

Keep the ideas coming.. I'm trying to draw up some sketches over here!!

thumbs_up.gif

grammynan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammynan Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 8:42pm
post #5 of 8

I did a buttercream cake and drew a picture of an angel wearing a nurse's cap. It said "Nurses are Angels in Disguise"! It was really cute.

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 8:51pm
post #6 of 8

how about a needle? that would be a cool cake.
I did a cake with a nurses hat on it, it was made out of fondant.

pieceofcake20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceofcake20 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 8:57pm
post #7 of 8

I made a scrubs cake for a nurse. I baked a sheet cake then cut the shape of a scrubs shirt out, covered it in fondant, and added details. I made a stethoscope to hang around the neck, two pockets with tools in them, a name tag with her name on it, a v-neck with stitching and the sleeves and trim had "stitches". I drew the shape out on wax paper first, folded it in half before i cut it out so that it would be symmetrical. I used that template to cut the shirt out. Good Luck!

IloveEmmaCakes Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 9:09pm
post #8 of 8

pieceofcake20, I love your idea.. I'm still open to other ideas.. I have til next friday..

Keep em coming! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%