Need Ideas For A Nurse Cake!!

Baking By IloveEmmaCakes Updated 12 Dec 2008 , 9:09pm by IloveEmmaCakes

IloveEmmaCakes Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 8

A friend of mine finally got the job she's been wanting for a while now. She's going to be a nurse and were having a big congrats party & dinner for her.. It's going to be next friday..

I offered to make the cake.. Any ideas? I've searched google but I haven't really seen anything that I LOVE.

Thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif

7 replies
MBHazel Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 8

It has been a while, but I once did a cake for a nurse that was a half exposed bottom with a fondant blanket covering the other part and a fondant / gumpaste shot/needle.

showersfamily4 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 8

It depends on the look you want. I did a retirement cake for a co-worker (I am a nurse) and fasioned a stethoscope out of fondant to add to it (it's in my photos). But overall the cake was not "nursey." Or you could make an assortment of nursing items: cap, syringe, pills, etc. Are you doing a sheet cake or a stacked cake? That would help with knowing how to design.

IloveEmmaCakes Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 8

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to make a sheet cake or a stacked cake.. I'm leaning more towards a stacked cake.. But maybe just one tier.. It only has to feed about 10 ppl.

Keep the ideas coming.. I'm trying to draw up some sketches over here!!

grammynan Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 8:42pm
post #5 of 8

I did a buttercream cake and drew a picture of an angel wearing a nurse's cap. It said "Nurses are Angels in Disguise"! It was really cute.

soccermom17 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 8:51pm
post #6 of 8

how about a needle? that would be a cool cake.
I did a cake with a nurses hat on it, it was made out of fondant.

pieceofcake20 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 8:57pm
post #7 of 8

I made a scrubs cake for a nurse. I baked a sheet cake then cut the shape of a scrubs shirt out, covered it in fondant, and added details. I made a stethoscope to hang around the neck, two pockets with tools in them, a name tag with her name on it, a v-neck with stitching and the sleeves and trim had "stitches". I drew the shape out on wax paper first, folded it in half before i cut it out so that it would be symmetrical. I used that template to cut the shirt out. Good Luck!

IloveEmmaCakes Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 9:09pm
post #8 of 8

pieceofcake20, I love your idea.. I'm still open to other ideas.. I have til next friday..

Keep em coming! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%