Need Help With Monster Truck Cake?

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 13 Dec 2008 , 10:15pm by tippyad

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 2

I built a wooden base to support the truck, how do I attach the cake board to the wooden base?
I usually drive a wooden dowel through all my cakes into the foam board to secure it but a wooden dowel won't go through the wood base?
I am putting the cake (which is the truck body) on a cardboard cake board but should I then put that on a piece of foam board so I can put a dowel through it? Then attach the foam board to the wood base?
I am transporting the cake fully assembled, the only thing I am worried about is the cake sliding off of the board.
Or I can put the cake on a peice of foam board wrapped with cake foil and attach that directly to the wood base, and decorate the edge so you can't see the board?
I'm confusing myself, any suggestions?

1 reply
tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 2

To keep my cakes from slipping I always put a piece of shelf liner, the bumpy, foamy, holey kind, in between the cake board and whatever it's sitting on. Does that make sense?

I was instucted by a baby carseat instructor to do this very thing with my child's car seat so it wouldn't slide on the seat. I figured if it would work for a child that it would work for a cake.

Hope this helps and isn't too confusing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%