Smbc Emergency Questions

Decorating By aminaz Updated 12 Dec 2008 , 3:02pm by PinkZiab

aminaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aminaz Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 10:49am
post #1 of 5

i've been aske to ice a cake with SMBC. i've tried doing it once before as everyone has spoken about how creamy and silky and not too sweet it is. but when i tried it, i did find it smooth and silky but i thought it was sweet enough and i find the regular buttercream to be too sweet and thick. i also found the SMBC to be to buttery. it virtually tasted of cremy butter. is that how it should taste like?
i used the recipe from youtube which is called 1:2:3 SMBC.
also can we pipe intricate designd using this icing like frils and side borers and roses?
sorry for all these questions but nee someones help urgently as i need to make it today!

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:03pm
post #2 of 5

yes to all your questions.

aminaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aminaz Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:24pm
post #3 of 5

so is it meant to be not too sweet? and if it tastes to buttery why o people boast about how nice it is?

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 5

try shirley's

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 3:02pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by aminaz

so is it meant to be not too sweet? and if it tastes to buttery why o people boast about how nice it is?

Because it's delicious! The first time I tasted a meringue buttercream I thought I had died an gone to heaven! But it also takes flavor VERY well, so if you feel the taste is too buttery, add some real vanilla (I recommend beans or ESPECIALLY vanilla bean paste if it's going under fondant) for your basic buttercream. Beyond vanilla, let your imagination run wild! You can add nut pastes, melted chocolate, extracts syrups. No need to modify the recipe, just add the flavoring you like. I only use meringue buttercreams because I find the shortening/powdered sugar/clear vanilla kind to be sickening, and to me, if it isn't at least 50% butter it really shouldn't be called buttercream at all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%